Chapter 13

There was a phone call that echoed across the room. Even tho Bazil's ringtone was smooth but he woke up with a jolt. Why? Because he didn't want to end up disturbing his precious wife's sleep who had been in a trouble whole night due to the pain in the tommy of his newly born baby.

Little boy had been crying till midnight and then woke up again after Fajar Azaan.

Bazil brought the phone to his ear and walked out of his bedroom. "Assalam o Alykum!" He said sleepily. "What happened? Is there any updates?" It was a call from the police station of a nearby region. They informed him that they are told about a dead body by the manager of a hotel who found it out in the room no. 121. A boy had committed suicide.

Bazil gave them some instructions and asked about the address of hotel. He rushed into shower after a quick warm bath he came out dressed in his DSP clothing. He placed the file on the sofa which had information about Nimra murderer, least they had found.

He didn't know if it the same boy or not. But still suicide wasn't a small thing and a DSP was surely needed to look into the matter. He was finding his keys. Him opening and closing the drawers had Saba awake.

"Are you going somewhere?" Her voice made him stop. He looked over his shoulder at her reflection in the dressing table mirror as he was rummaging through the drawers.

He turned, "honey you are up! i am going somewhere. Just can't find my keys." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh that! Its in the kitchen. You left it there after last night coffee."

"Oh yah." It hit him. "Thanks honey." He kissed her left cheek hurriedly, bending over he caressed his few days old boy and soon he was out, setting off to Charsada from where he had received the call.

He typed a quick message to Zaman before starting off the ride to the destination.

He had contacted all the police stations few days back, asking them if they found any details about a boy in his early twenties they should inform him first.

Somewhere deep in his heart he prayed it wouldn't be Zmaryal.

***

Zaman was busy having the breakfast, his Bi Jaan had made him. It was an elderly aged woman that had worked for the Khalils since Ibrahim was born. She was first their nanny but when Zaman moved out into the home next to his parents'. His mother couldn't let him live alone so Bi Jaan was sent along to look after him. And Zaman respected her just as his mother.

Zaman was picky when it came to food and Bi Jaan knew all his likes so she was the one to stay in the kitchen among other workers.

Their old guard that had been with them for more than twenty was also now appointed for Zaman but he never had him around. Zaman only gave him the authorities of not letting anyone into his home in his absence unless its his family members. There was one more guard other than Chacha who used to do the night shift. That his father had sent him a few days back as elections were near and Zaman was the one, standing out from his family for the MNA seat this time.

In the past years he had served as the Mayor in his land along with completing his degree. But now he wished to be something more than just a nazim, an MNA probably who could serve the beautiful land of his ancestors.

His opponent was Azain who he despised the most because Azain had bought the voters last time. But it wasn't happening again. People weren't happy with Azain as an MNA, he didn't do anything worth appreciating. It was just that he loved having money from any source.

Zaman's eyes stopped on an article in the newspaper. He slammed the juice glass down as he flicked through the lines.

A boy nearly twenty two years old was found hanging in the Taaj Hotel of Charsada. Corpse hadn't been identified by anyone yet. Read the rest on the page no. 43.