Chapter Sixteen

Aria was enjoying her tea time with her sister at the royal garden. She sighed heavily thinking that she might took the wrong choice to reject other noble ladies for tea time and only hung out with Riana.

Riana noticed her sister's concern. She knew that her sister was not the type to hang out with other nobles. Aria would always reject any invitation that came to their mansion and Riana would always took her sister's place to the party.

Aria had actually wanted to deepen her relationship with the other nobles but she was still uncomfortable to do so. She had no social skills at all.

"I wonder if they hate me?" Aria said in a very sad tone.

"They won't." Riana quickly refuted.

Aria then suddenly stand up. She wanted to go back to her room but Riana quickly reached out to hold her hand as if her younger sister had some plan for her. "Riana?"

"Stay!" Riana's eyes showed desperation.

Why would she be so desperate? Aria thought.

"He'll be here in a minute. Please, stay!"

"Who will be here?" Aria was caught off guard by Riana's sudden request. Was Riana about to tell her the truth of her relationship with the prince? Aria felt the pain in her heart.

She thought she would be okay if Prince Noah decided to be engaged with Riana but it seemed that she was not ready. It was Aria's plan to bring Riana to the palace so that both of them would be able to deepen their love. She needed to be ready for whatever news that would come to her from her younger sister.

But now?

She was not ready for any.

"I'm tired, Riana. You can stay here."

Riana reluctantly let go of her grip. Aria weakly smiled back at Riana before she left for her room. Riana sighed heavily all because she failed to make her sister stayed.

Riana suddenly heard footsteps. She turned her head to see a very tired prince who came running away from the meeting with the other nobles.

"I'm sorry for being late. Where is Aria?" asked Noah.

"She's already left. Why are you so late? I help you to bring her out here just for you two to meet and you can't put any effort to finish up your meeting?"

"I'm sorry."

Riana let out another sigh. "It's alright. It's my fault for choosing such time. I'll find another appropriate time for you two to meet. I already promise you that I'll help whatever I can as your cupid."

The scene of that day came into Riana's mind. Prince Noah tried so hard to explain his situation to her and to get on her good side.

"I lied to you when I first met you because I was on undercover. I can't let the people know that I'm the crown prince."

Riana stood silently to let Noah continued his talk.

"I didn't expect Aria to come into the forest just to find me. I know the forest was dangerous, I swear on my life that I did everything I could at that time to make her safe."

Noah's eyes showed his determination. At that time, Riana realised Noah was the type true to his words.

"And I will do everything I can now to protect her from any danger in the future." Noah continued. "Because I love her."

Riana's eyes widened in shock. She had never heard a man proudly say he loved someone.

"You— Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Are you serious that you love my sister? More than anything?"

"Yes. I love her with all my life. I want to take her as my only wife and no one else."

Riana teared up.

"We got into some trouble especially about the appearance of the dragon. I was busy with that. That's why I couldn't meet you to explain all this." Noah continued. "I'm sorry."

"My sister — " Riana tried to stop her tears but failed. "She's a very nice person. Her smile is the most beautiful smile I ever seen. She's only think about other people and never selfishly think of getting things for herself. She's awkward. She's a friend of justice. She accepts me who's not a pure noble."

"I understand you."

"Can you make her happy?"

"I will do my best."

"Then, I will help you. But in return, make her happy. If I see her sad because of you, I won't support you anymore."

"Thank you."

Riana felt irritated when she remembered that scene. She just could not believe that she cried in front of the crown prince. Her face turned red because of the embarrassment when she thought about it.

"Your Highness, what are you going to do about the other ladies?" Riana quickly changed the topic just to forget about what happened before.

"I have to meet all them. It's the requirement."

"If you fall in love with one of them, I'll bring my sister back home immediately."

"I'M NOT GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH ANY OF THEM." Flustered Noah raised his voice. "Aria is the only one for me."

"Keep your meeting with the other ladies simple and short. We don't want any misunderstanding later."

"Of course."

"Your Highness, there is someone that want to meet you." A maid suddenly appeared to inform Noah.

"Who could that be? I don't think I have any important meeting after this."

End of Chapter Sixteen

Vote and follow me for more stories and info.
Your votes are highly appreciated