Camping?

'hey, you guys picked a great campsite. the grass is so soft.' smiled toph - unaware of what she was actually standing on.

'that's not grass. appa's shedding.' said sokka.

katara lifted her foot off the fur, 'oh, gross!'

'that's not gross; it's just a part of spring.' said aang, playing with the birds, 'you know, rebirth, flowers blooming, and appa gets a new coat!'

'ah, the beauty of spring.' agreed katata before appa sneezed fur all over her, 'stop, appa, stop!

'it's not that bad, katara. it makes a great wig!' grinned sokka, showing off the hair he'd fashioned out of appas fur.

'and a great beard!' laughed aang.

'some nice eyebrows too!' i smiled.

we laughed, pointing at each other.

'i'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group because you three are disgusting.' said katara, unamused.

'hey!' i cried, still laughing.

'excuse me,' said toph, waking up behind us, 'does anyone have a razor... because i've got some hairy pits!'

she lifted up her arms to show the hair she'd put.

- and even katara laughed!

---

'hey sokka' i smiled, bring wood back for the fire

'hi y/n' he said, putting rocks around in a circle.

i stacked the fire up and began lighting it with some rocks.

'hey, let me do that' said sokka, trying to take the rocks.

'why?' i said defensively, 'because you don't think i could do it?'

he smiled and rolled his eyes, taking the rocks and lighting the fire immediately.

'no, y/n, its because i know i can do it faster than you.'

aang snickered and i glared at him,'well why don't you light it if it's so funny?!'

that shut him up.

he was still a bit touchy about the fire bending and wasn't going to be lighting fires anytime soon.

---

i was rudely awoken that night by toph yelling.

'there's something coming toward us!'

'what is it?' asked aang as we emerged from our tents.

'it feels like an avalanche... but also not like an avalanche.'

'your powers of perception are frightening.' said sokka blankly.

'should we leave?' asked katara

aang shrugged, 'better safe than sorry.'

we packed up and hopped onto appa, flying further away.

'what is that thing?' asked katara, tiredly.

it looked like a massive cloud of dust was pursuing us.

after a bit of flying, appa descended into another clearing and we began taking our bags off of him.

'ahh, land, sweet land!' cried toph, jumping onto the floor, 'see you guys in the morning!'

katara ran up to her, 'actually, can you help us unload?'

'really? you need me to help unload sokka's funky-smelling sleeping bag?'