WITHIN THE PAGES OF A FAIRYTALE

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

GUMUSSERVI
(n.) moonlight shining on water

♢ ♢ ♢

As soon as the room filled with the gentle warmth of the sunlight, Ravenna gently opened her eyes adjusting to the lighting. She looked in her lap where Rafael had taken guard, but found it empty. She rubbed her eyes softly before getting up from the couch to stretch herself.

She walked over to the kitchen to find it empty. Sighing, she decided to make herself some tea to start her day off. As she let the kettle heat the water, Ravenna walked into her bedroom to do the quick work of brushing her teeth and following her morning routine.

She looked at herself in the mirror and instantly all the memories from yesterday flooded in. He was different yesterday. It was as if he was more soft and more vulnerable to her, but now she was afraid that he would put back his guard as he had left this morning before she could even attend him.

Ravenna discarded all the thoughts wandering in her  already busy road mind. Spitting the access toothpaste in the sink before gargling the renaming foam out of her mouth.

Going back to the kitchen where the kettle was roaring with steam, she quickly grabbed a tea bag to flavor the blanch water.

Walking back into the living room, she settled into the chair next to the balcony where he had sat. The sky was still grey and it was more than likely to rain heavier than yesterday night where the water work was limited to a sprinkle.

The truth behind why Ravenna liked the rain was so simple yet so sweet. She liked how the clouds unfolded to reveal its true emotion. The clouds needed no help of a therapist in doing a thunderstorm of raining. It was proof that sometimes crying is okay because even the clouds did it. If the clouds were to not rain their won't be a bright blue sky. There won't be a rainbow of seven colors that paints the globe. There won't be flowers in the musk of the jungle. There won't be old couples holding hands while swirling with an umbrella. The truth can be so simple sometimes yet so intricate for ones understanding.

Ravenna quickly pulled herself away from the view of the sky outside and decided to clean the place before leaving for the old man's birthday. It was only fair for herself to distract herself from the possibility of the Italian closing back up in her. The truth was deep down she knew within the span of time even the sharpest of the thorns will become soft upon seeing the blood of the curious little ones.

She quickly pulled her earbuds in her ears and played her favorite classical. Sometimes you just need a hint of vanilla to calm the intensifying flavors of life.