Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter twenty-nine

True to his words, Sahil neither allowed Aditya nor Zevah to even meet them. He kept them out of his penthouse and tried to spend his time with Ayaansh who seemed to be slowly recognising him.

Two weeks had passed and although most of the times Ayaansh would be asleep, that didn't quite sit well with his father.

"Why is he sleeping so much? Infact all he does is sleep." That was the complain made by Daddy Malhotra which made Srishti laugh aloud.

"Mr. Malhotra, babies tend to sleep the most at this stage because they need it. And if you're so irritated, please become his nanny so that I can rest well." She had teased him and surprisingly he just gave her a bored look instead of a cold face.

Ayaansh would flap his hands whenever free or roll on his stomach and sleep. He was more close to his mother but ofcourse he recognised his father now as well. He would stare at Sahil's face for long as if tyring to memorize it and Sahil would stare back. The stare game always had Srishti rolling in laughter because both of their faces would be worth watching.

Sahil was an amazing father as Srishti had predicted because he voluntarily helped her in changing his nappies, bathing him or carrying him in his arms when he was awake.

All of a sudden he didn't seem the cold Sahil Malhotra. It was just a father who cared for his son the most.

Sahil was working on his laptop when his phone rang. He glanced at it and sighed at the display.

"Hello? Does he recognise you now?" Aditya asked impatiently and Sahil rolled his eyes. He had been calling almost everyday to know about the progress between the father-son duo so that he could introduce himself as well.

And Sahil, despite the fact that Ayaansh now knew who his father was, didn't want to inform Aditya about the same. He's never been this possessive for anything or anyone in his entire life up until now.

"No," He lied and was going to hang up when Aditya yelled, "You liarrr! He does recognise you, doesn't he? I can hear it in your voice." The tone was accusing as Aditya yelled into the phone which was already kept aside with the speaker mode on.

"Don't you have work to do?" Sahil asked concentrating back on his work while Aditya scoffed on the other hand.

"Yes, I do and that is meeting Ayaansh. I'm coming there right now." He declared and cut the call without letting Sahil reply to him.

"Why aren't you allowing him to meet Ayaansh?" He looked up to see Srishti at the door, holding Ayaansh close to her chest. She slowly swayed back and forth trying to make him sleep.

"He's coming anyways." He dismissed the topic with a roll of his eyes and Srishti chuckled. He watched as she patted Ayaansh's back and hummed softly.

"Is he asleep?" He asked and her eyes wandered to his. Yet again they weren't cold like she remembered as she watched him staring at Ayaansh's back.

"He will be in sometime." She informed and he nodded sighing and going back to his laptop.

"Mr. Malhotra, you can join your office back if you want. It's fine." The suggestion came abruptly and his fingers halted on the keyboard. He knew she was right but was he ready to leave Ayaansh and go?