Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Ruby's dress shown in the picture above (even though idk who that person is but she's pretty so...!!) :)

Ruby's POV

I stepped into the dress smoothly and looked in the mirror. It was a pitch black dress with lace sleeves and a black, tight fitting body.

And I would be lying if I said I didn't look good.

God, I sound like Ryder.

I kept my hair down and straight and ran a brush through it.

I stepped out of the large walk in closet and my breath caught in my throat. Ryder stood in front of me near the mirror and was adjusting the tie of his neatly pressed suit. I saw his eyes shift to me in the mirror reflection and he turned around.

I closed the closet door and walked over to where Ryder was. He looked me up and down and smiled. "You look beautiful."

I blushed, smiling, and pointed to his tie. "You do, too. I mean...handsome...do you need help with that?" I quickly recovered.

He nodded and I reached out to fix his tie. I felt his eyes on me and whenever I would look up to him, and I would catch his eyes staring down at me.

"There." I finished and patted his chest. "Ready?"

•••

We walked out of the hotel and Ryder hauled a... limo?

I gaped in awe as the long slick black limo came to a stop in front of us.

"No way." I said.

"Yes way." Ryder answered.

The driver came over and opened the doors for us, Ryder letting me in first like the gentleman he was.

Oh the sarcasm.

He climbed in after me and I looked up at the roof of the car. It was a sunroof and I could see the tower lights and dark night sky above.

"Care to tell me where we're eating?" I asked.

"Vast. It's on top of the Devon Tower. Everybody competing in the championships is treated to dinner there, including their plus one."

"Well I'm one lucky plus one." I stated.

Ryder grinned and I chuckled. "How do you open this?" I asked while pointing to the sunroof. Ryder pointed to a panel of buttons near my head. I pressed the one labeled 'sunroof' and it slowly opened.

I set my clutch purse on the seat and stood slowly.

"What are you doing now?" I heard Ryder ask.

"Just checking out the view." I said and popped my head out the top.

The wind wasn't blowing, but my hair still flipped back from the speed of the limo. I laughed to myself and watched the towers and city lights stream by. People walking on the sidewalks looked at me like I was a demented demon, which they were half right.

"Don't swallow any bugs!" Ryder's voice called to me from below inside the limo. I glanced down to see him smiling with all his teeth up at me. I almost fell right then and there from lust.

"Whoa," Ryder's hands gripped my waist to steady me and my legs instantly felt like noodles.

I shrunk back down in the limo and closed the roof. Ryder was chuckling.

"What?"

"You look like you have sex hair." He said.

I laughed along with him while attempting to fix my horribly wind-blown hair.