Chapter 72: Simulation

Speeding through the trainings hall, Minho leaped over the small block in front of him and turned around mid air to simulate landing a hit on Donghun. The harpy backed off and came to a halt, looking quite surprised.

Minho slowly came to a stop too. He was slightly patting while he looked at Donghun, who had trained with him for the past hours. The harpy was teaching him to fight against hunters in the most efficient way possible, even though the plan of the rescue mission did not include intentional contact with any humans.

"I knew you were good at quick attacks that come out of nowhere, but I really didn't see that blow coming at all", the harpy admitted, rubbing his neck. Minho showed a bit of a smile, being proud of the fact that he managed to surprise an experienced fighter like Donghun.

"Hey, Donghun", someone called for the harpy. Donghun as well as Minho looked towards the voice only to spot Junhee, who signaled them to come over to him. It seemed like they would change partners or trainings area, but Minho wasn't sure since Junhee trained with an entirely other type of supernatural creature.

"Seems like we are needed", Donghun said more to himself than Minho and started walking towards his leader. Minho followed the harpy, but glanced a bit sideways to see if Felix and Chan were training close by. Chan had been assigned to Miroh High's mathematic teacher Mr. Sohn, better known as Shownu, since they both could transform into wolves.

Even though Shownu was a werewolf and not a wolf hybrid like Chan, he was probably the best fit for the silver-haired male. Felix was the one, who got even luckier, because he was training with Mr. Chae, or Hyungwon as they called him for now. Minho was almost a bit envious of his brother, because he knew that Hyungwon was a pretty strong snow leopard hybrid. There was no doubt that Minho would have loved to train with him, but the cat hybrid calmed himself with the thought that it was better for Felix. If the younger Lee brother trained with someone who was familiar with him, his training would be more efficient.

"What do you think about doing a little simulation? The shifters and hybrids against the ones with natural abilities, who are pretending to be hunters with weapons. We can observer possible weaknesses better that way", Junhee explained when Donghun and Minho stood before him. If Minho was honest with himself he could use something like that right now, especially because he could try to perform combination attacks with Chan and Felix.

"Sounds like a plan. We just need to set up everything real quick then we can start", Donghun agreed. In the span of some minutes everyone in the hall was informed about the simulation and stopped their current training to get ready for it.

The hall was transformed into a replica of some parts of the hunters headquarter by Yuta, who had quickly dropped by for that reason. The warlock must be very busy, because he immediately left after he had set everything up. The blocks, which usually served as obstacles, now were so high not even a highly trained cat hybrid could climb them up without difficulty.

The creatures that could shift and all the hybrids were gathered outside of this structure while the ones who already were experienced in fighting like Donghun, Shownu and Hyungwon were on top of the blocks observing their trainees. Minho guessed that the creatures who would represent the hunters were scattered inside the little replica of a hunters' headquarter.

The cat hybrid looked around for a bit, searching for Chan and Felix, since he hadn't seen them yet. He stood before one of the many entrances that lead into the maze of makeshift corridors and hoped it would be easier to spot his friend and brother.

"Hey Minho", someone called for the cat hybrid from behind him. Minho turned around and saw Chan and Felix running towards him. They didn't seem tired at all, despite the fact that they had been training for a few hours just like Minho.