Chapter 32: Marchinoness Lisa

Inside the carriage which carried the flag and the family crest of Georgiana family, Caroline was memorizing the greetings for Lisa again and again.

She isn't scared...

She isn't scared...

But the thought of being slashed by Octavian was replaying inside her head like a CD which only have one song.

Cecelia calmly watched Caroline without any sort of reaction showing on her face. She was instead, excited to meet the youngest Marchinoness of Zariya empire.

When the carriage stopped, Caroline snapped back to reality. She shook her head and tried to give her best smile but little did she know, her smile was no different from a clown that is trying to smile despite having hard time.

Once Caroline stepped down, Octavian stood there with his smile and reached out his hand, as if he wanted to help her get down in a gentleman way.

"....."

Caroline just shook her head and smile while getting of the carriage by herself. The image of him sliced Caroline inside the game still replayed inside her little head.

Cecilia ignored him and get down without looking at his face or giving him a small smile.

"Sir...knight, I believe..It's nice to meet you again."

Caroline tried her best not to turn the situation into an awkward one but it was already awkward to begin with.

"Please call me Octavian, Milady. It's really nice to see you again too and this lady right here is...?"

Octavian glanced at Cecilia and scan her from head to toes.

"This is my Cecilia Maximilian. The Viscountess of Maximilian. She is my close friend, actually and I wanted to have more people. The more the merrier, isn't that right?"

"That's right, the party won't be silence if we have more people."

Octavian leads them to the garden behind the mansion and there was Lisa who is there, sipping her tea under the apple tree.

Once she saw Caroline, Lisa immediately stood up and waves her hand with a big warm smile.

Caroline smiled back but inside, she was searching for a sunglasses as the halo of heroine was too much for her to handle.

"Gahhhh!!! Being a heroine is always bright and shiny!!!"

"Greetings to Marchinoness Lisa. Caroline Georgiana is really happy to see you well. It's really nice to meet you again."

"I, Cecilia Maximilian, the Viscountess of Maximilian family is greeting the Marchinoness of Neil. I hope you won't mind an uninvited guest like me being the third wheel here."

Cecilia held the side of her skirt hem and step back with one leg as she lowered her upper body.

"My etiquette teacher will definitely be disappointed in me if she saw Cecilia right now..."

Caroline stared at Cecilia with amazed. Cecilia just did the most elegant greeting ever.

Sniff...she wanted to be like her someday too...

"Oh no...it's okay. The more the merrier!"

"We get that the more number we have the merrier it is!!"

The maids pour tea for both of them as Lisa started to make a lively conversation.

"Lady Caroline, will you attend any ball that the noble host next week? Daughter of prime minister Thomas if I remembered correctly."

Caroline's face turned sour immediately. She just turned down Vanessa Thomas's invitation yesterday!!

"I haven't thought about this yet. Maybe, my father will attend it together with my mother when they returned this week..."

"Your parents still haven't let you attend social events yet? Will they allow you to attend them after you get married?"

Caroline just wanted to choke on her tea. The heroine has already saw her parents as a protective parents. She doesn't want them to receive criticism comments for her action.

How could she ever tell Lisa that she was too lazy!!!?

"I'm still inexperienced so I thought it might better if I can attend one with my parents..."

"Don't worry!! I am already your friend now so you can attend it with me!! I will be your companion there! I'll help you look out!!"

"Since when did she become my friend...? I made friends way too easy...especially with the heroine..."

"You don't have to worry about her, Marchinoness Lisa. She has me as her friend so I'll look out for her."

Cecilia who has been silent for the whole time finally opened her mouth. She gave Lisa a smile but Caroline could even tell that the smile wasn't friendly.

"Hoho...? Viscountess Maximilian, I have attended countless parties so maybe you should leave a newbie like lady Caroline to me!"

"No no no. As a close friend of Caroline, I need to guide her well. You don't have to sweat over something trivial like this."

Spark glowed between them as Caroline break in a cold sweat.

"What is happening here....? Why is the heroine fought with the Villainess's friend and tried to win the no longer Villainess...?"

HEY!!!!!! KIN IS BACK NOW!!!

I no longer have exam now so I no longer have the pressure from my studies now but my mental strength still haven't recovered properly yet TT

I have many stress these days and mostly come from my family. What can I say for a family that has too many problems?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter for today!

Have a nice day!!