CHAPTER 68

And until it ends,

It's not just the smiles we share.

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

You entered your house and weren't too surprised to find your mother, sitting on the chair. However what did take you aback was the way her bun was a mess, her face looking disturbed without the usual glow, lips harshly bitten and rough, and her usually painted nails now bitten. Her swollen orbs turned to you as her lips parted. "Y/N" she spoke as if she just found a hidden jewel or a missing piece. "Maa?" You asked frowning with concern.

You walked to her and your bag sliced from your arm, dropping on the carpet alongside your figure. You held her arms worriedly, looking at her expresions which were trying to speak themself. "I... I have something to talk about" she said and you blinked. "Sure, tell me" you assured and she bit her lip again. "I'm so sorry, Y/N" she said and you shook your head. "For what?" You let out in confusion.

"For... Everything" she said and you frowned even more. "Mom... Why?" You asked and she looked down. "We both know all about this coldness between us from the past many years. And we act oblivious to it. I need to end it now, Y/N" she completed and your eyes glistened. "All this time... I've not been the best mother I dreamt of being." She started and you patiently heard her out. "I used to fight with your father, take it out on you because I was weak in front of him."

"He loved me, but sometimes, something's were irresistibly hurtful. I used to cry and cry in my room for hours and when your little eight year old self innocently wiped my tears, it was the world to me. But then you grew up, and instead of understanding that we all have our priorities, I wanted you to be the same as you were before. I never realized that... You had your life too. You had a self conscience too." She paused, pursing her lips.

"And both our ego levels were the same, after all, you're my daughter" you chuckled at and she smiled. "But baby, I knew all this. It was just my ego which wasn't ready to accept your independence. I was scared that you'll go out of my grasp and I'll lose you, my only love who'd helped me in my pain and happiness. You're my daughter, Y/N. I love you. I still do. But all these... The events that came, our clashing egos and opinions."

"I'm sorry too, mum" you croaked out. If you were facing the truths bare, you better speak out your mind as well. "All this time, whenever you tried reaching out to me, instead of helping you out, I avoided you even more. Thinking that I was the only one hurting and that no one understood me. Never noticed that we both were hurting and we needed each other, the friendship we had, mom I didn't even try to restore it. I'm sorry" you spoke ever so quickly, resting your head in her lap as she caressed your scalp.

"And I had so much to tell you everyday, every single day. But I always kept it inside me, and then wondered why I felt so empty yet full. I felt so hollow yet perfect. There are people who made me happy, but mom, you're my mom." You said, looking at her. "I was so confused. Like I am still scared to take a decision. Because I'm always worried I might end up messing it up. Just like I messed up o-our relationship" you had reached a point at which speaking sort of hurt.

"And then... I-I just... I found happiness in all this, my career... And then I met this guy, I know how much you hated those Korean feminine men but I fell in love with one" you spat and your mother laughed heartily. "They aren't feminine, your guy is manly" she said and your breath got stuck in your throat. "Hmm?" You asked and she smiled. "He's handsome. I had a little talk with him." She said and you raised your eyebrows.

"H-how?" You asked and she shrugged. "You don't need to worry about that. But whatever he said, I think... He's someone you clearly want. I was always worried about my freedom when I had married your dad. But it seems like you find your freedom with him, and you look like you're at your best" she said, hitting your arm playfully. "I'm the one who ruined it all" she said and you shook your head. "No, mom!" You immediately denied and she chuckled. "Alright, alright" she said and you smiled.

She looked at you adoringly and you returned the look until she stood up from the chair. "Come, give me a hug" she said and you stood up as well, engulfing her in a big, lovable hug. You stayed like that for about a minute, muffling your face in her shoulder and she cutely pat your head. "Starbucks?" A third voice spoke from behind you and you turned around. There stood Jungkook, with a casual attire and two Starbucks cups in his hand with big eyes.

"Interrupting something?" He asked in his beautiful english accent and you shook your head with a small pride smile. "I'll have some" your mother said and took a cup from him, walking towards the door. "I'll be back, you need more veggies in your fridge, Y/N" she glared at you. "All you've got is maggi" she said and you, along with the Korean guy in the room spoke up in unison. "It's Ramen!"

She waved the two off the two of you and left before you finally breathed out. Running towards Jungkook you jumped on his figure making him jerk. He kept the coffee cup on the nearby table before wrapping his arm around your waist with a knowing smile. "Did you really just become the hero of my life story?" You asked and he nodded. "Yup, definitely" he said and you muffled a giggle.

You held him tight but parted your head to ask him. "How did the two of you talk though?" You asked and he shrugged. "I think we used a little bit of google translate" he whispered and you blinked at him with big eyes. "You're the best" you breathed out unbelievably, pressuring him into a forced kiss before letting go and hopping towards the coffee on the table. Jungkook looked at your back, silently staring while his mind wandered to the memories of this morning.

"I've finally tried my best to... say everything I could. We have language difference, Mrs. L/N. That makes it... Hard,... For me. But I really w-want you to understand" he paused, gulping.

"I really love your daughter, ma'am. And she loves me. But she's definitely missing some... thing. And I keep... seeing her cry t-that she wasn't able to.... apologize... to you."

"I know I'm no one to say in this... matter.. but... I don't want her sad..." He breathed out. "I want her happy, and I want you happy. I want... your relationship happy. Mother - daughter."

"She means a lot to me, Mrs. L/N"

"Jungkook!" You snapped your fingers in front of him and he shook his head. "Yeah, yeah?" He asked again and you pressed your lips together. "Take me out tonight? Let's have a dinner" you said shyly and he grinned. "Definitely."

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌