Chapter 4 - Discoveries

*Draco pov*
I felt kind of bad for leaving Harry alone at school, but I really wanted to catch up with Blaise, and I didn't want to distract Harry while he was working.

Grabbing my broom from the dormitory, I hurried downstairs and was quickly out of the entrance hall and kicking off into the starry night on my Nimbus 2001.

The night was clear and bright from the half-moon shining in the sky. I looked across the deserted landscape as I soared through the inky black, searching for the place Blaise was staying, Braemar. The little compass on the front of my broom was squeaking instructions at me, and it got so annoying that I eventually just told it to fly my broom itself if it was going to correct me on every tiny mistake, and then sat back and relaxed while it navigated itself to a cottage just outside the small town.

I took back control of my broom and landed smoothly in the long grass, immediately dismounting and half-running to Blaise's door.

With a sharp pull on a decorated rope in the doorway I rang the bell, which could be heard screaming at the people within to open the door, and soon Blaise appeared and beckoned me in.

"Draco, how've you been?" He embraced me.

"Nothing much..." I began hesitantly. "How are you?"

"You first," he said, grinning.

"Well..." I began. "I'm sharing a room with the Chosen One. It's a bit hectic and the mess he makes, honestly the boy does not know the meaning of the word tidy. But it's okay I think, we've sort of become friends and I'm helping him with Potions."

Blaise looked at me in disbelief. "You're sharing a bedroom with Potter? What on earth possessed you?"

"It isn't my fault." I said. "We were the only two boys coming back to Hogwarts, we've got this tiny room and our own little eighth-year common room with multicoloured drapes in all the house colours."

"Has he met Smokey yet?" Asked Blaise.

"Yeah, I think he was a bit surprised that I had a pet that I genuinely love. But listen I can tell you this later- goodness knows I need to get some stuff off my chest- but it can wait. For one thing, where's Pansy?"

Blaise beamed at the mention of his fiancée. "We have some news for you - Pansy, honey?" He called up the stairs. There was some noise above of footsteps, and Pansy appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Draco, it's so good to see you!" She exclaimed brightly. "Has Blaise told you the news?"

"No..." I replied, confused.

"I was waiting for you," Blaise said.

"Well... I'm pregnant!" She said, practically glowing with happiness. I was surprised but delighted for them.

"That's amazing, Pansy! What are you calling the baby?"

"We thought we might call him Vincent," she said quietly. I smiled even as tears threatened to prick my eyes. "And we're planning to name you godfather, if you're willing."

"I'm really happy for you guys," I said wholeheartedly. "And I'd love to be a godfather. It would be an honour."

Around half an hour later, Blaise opened a bottle of firewhisky in celebration and poured us both a glass, fetching a lemonade for Pansy since she was pregnant and couldn't drink.

"So," said Pansy, "have you found a guy yet?"

I blushed, remembering the reason I'd come. "I, um." I took a long swig of my firewhisky. "I kind of have a thing for Harry."

Pansy grinned. "I knew it!"

"H-how?" I spluttered. I'd never told anyone about Harry, how on earth did she know?!

"You weren't ever exactly ...subtle about your obsession with him." Replied Blaise, fighting a smile. "Do you reckon he's bi? Pan?"

I blushed. "I don't - he's straight."

"Rubbish." Piped up Pansy. "Have you asked him? Did he tell you that?"

"No, but..." Well- why would he tell me about his sexuality when I haven't even come out to him yet?

Pansy shrugged. "I reckon he's bi. He was pretty obsessed with you, at least in our sixth year. But until you tell him how you feel, you'll never know."

"Yeah, I guess." I didn't know if it was that easy. And even if I told him, I didn't want to ruin the friendship we'd only just started to have. I took another long swig of firewhisky.

I glanced at my watch, it was quite late and if I drank any more I'd fall off my broom. The world was becoming steadily fuzzier around the edges. "I should get back, thanksfor the advice guys."

*Harry/narrator pov*
Harry had long finished his homework, and while he knew Draco had told him not to wait up, he couldn't help but wait anyway. He thought of Draco smirking. It was almost... flirty sometimes, but that was probably his imagination.

He quickly shook his head as if to clear the thought from his brain. He still had to work things out with Ginny. Now was not the time to be fantasising about Draco Malfoy.

Ginny had become increasingly annoying to Harry- she kept avoiding him and forgetting things like Valentine's Day, and it was like she didn't even care about him sometimes. It was extremely frustrating.

Harry got up and left the common room. What he really needed right now was somewhere quiet to think clearly, that wouldn't remind him of Draco.

He headed off to the Room of Requirement and opened the door-

Only to find Ginny, sitting cross-legged in a room full of squashy armchairs, a blazing fire in one corner. She turned around quickly.

"Harry, what are you doing here?"

"I needed to think." He said curtly.

"Harry, I- I don't think this relationship is working."

"Really, you think?" He said sarcastically.

She ignored him. "Harry, I like someone else. She's in all my classes and we got partnered up for everything- I'm sorry, I know this is selfish of me, I'm sorry-"

"How long has this been going on?" Harry interrupted.

"Since the start of the year, maybe even before that- wait, you're not mad that it's a girl I like?"

"Why would I be?"

"Guess I never came out to you. I'm pansexual."

"Who's the lucky girl?" Harry asked.

Ginny went crimson and smiled. "Luna Lovegood."

"So I guess we aren't together anymore, then. That's cool, I don't know if I liked you that way anymore either..."

"Bye then, Harry." Ginny got up, looking very relieved at having got that off her shoulders.

Harry made his way back to the common room, also relieved. On the green sofa was a blond boy with a dreamy expression and a half smile who reeked of firewhisky.

"Harry, need to telyou something." He slurred. "Ilike you."

He promptly passed out.