you're sick

As you shivered, Yeji pulled the sheet she had covered you up with a little tighter around you, up to your chin. Your skin felt warm and clammy when she laid her hand back against your forehead. Your fever hasn't really gone down much since it hit late last night, along with everything else.

She gently brushed her fingers through your hair. Your eyes fluttered open a few seconds later and a pang went through her chest upon hearing the whimper fall from your lips when you realized just how miserable you felt.

"Hey, baby. I'm sorry if I woke you. Do you feel okay?"

You shook your head in response and sat up. Your stomach felt achy and you clutched it in your hand until Yeji began to rub it. "I feel sick." You muttered as you ran your hand through your hair, desperate to pull it away from your face as your stomach started to turn. You took a few deep breaths and held Yeji's hand for comfort.

You bent over the bed, emptying your stomach, causing Yeji to wince. It was easy to see just how gross you felt. Yeji held back your hair with one hand, using her other to rub your shoulder, hoping to soothe you as you continued to vomit.

She pulled your hair into a messy bun and kissed the back of your neck softly. "I've got you. It's okay." She whispered, doing whatever she could to soothe you until you stopped a moment later.

You took a minute to catch your breath.

"Feel better?"

"A little bit, I think."

She nodded her head and let you lean against her. She was quiet for a moment, just laying little kisses to your forehead and temple till you stopped trembling.

"I feel awful." You whined as you leaned your head on her shoulder.

"I know you do. The stomach flu will make you terrible. But I'm here. I'm gonna take good care of you till you feel better."

She could've sworn that she saw a tiny smile tug at your lips for a split second. You looked up at her with heavy and tired eyes. "What would I ever do without you?" You mumbled sleepily and then laid your head down on her chest.

There in her arms, you found comfort, like you always do.

She tucked the sheet back around you and rubbed your stomach soothingly. "I ask myself the same thing about you. Get some rest. I'll make you some soup in a little while. Sweet dreams. I love you and hope you feel better soon."

This time, she did see you smile. It was small and didn't linger much, but it showed her that you were thankful that she was there with you; like always.

"Love you too."