Chapter 12

Heyooo,
The next Chapter... Hope you like it:)

She had heated up some of the pizza in the oven and when it was ready she took it out and handed it to me on a big plate.

I hadn’t even realized how hungry I was until my tummy started rumbling.

At first I wanted to take smaller bites, in case my stomach wouldn’t appreciate the cheese and carbohydrates too much but as soon as I had the first slice of pizza in my hand I forgot all my worries.

This pizza was divine.

While I was busy chewing, Mrs Black told me a little bit more about her family and I found out that Damien was her oldest son with 27, Clary following at 25, so she was about a year older than I was and then Graham, who was 24, just like me.

I had just finished my fourth slice of the family-sized pizza when I heard the elevator doors open and a few seconds later Charlie stormed in, followed by Clary, Graham and Mr Black.

“Hey mommy!”, Charlie, who had his new teddy bear Oscar in his little blue backpack, ran into my arms and I hugged him.

“Hey honey, did you have fun at the park?”, I asked, and he grinned.

“It was so cool. There were so many squirrels and I got so close to one of them.”

He showed me the distance with his hands.

“And then we went and got ice cream. With sprinkles!”, he told me excited and I caressed his cheek that was flushed from the cold wind.

“I am glad you enjoyed it. Next time I will come with you.”, I promised, and he nodded.

“I can show you everything then. There was even a lake!”

I helped him to climb up on to the chair next to me and took his backpack before setting it on the kitchen counter.

“Oh great. Pizza.”, Graham, who had come up behind me, said and grabbed a slice but Mrs Black slapped his hand away.

“That is not for you.”, she said and put her hands on her hips. Graham shrugged and took a bite of the slice in is hand.

“Sorry.”, he said while chewing, even though I wasn’t sure he meant it.

Mrs Black opened her mouth again by I interfered and said quickly: “I was done anyway. It was really good though, thank you.”

Mrs Black didn’t seem convinced.
“Are you sure?”, she responded worried and I nodded.

“No, really, I am full.”, I assured her again, when she pulled her eyebrows together, and she sighed.

“Okay, fine, but if you need anything, just let me know or help yourself. And if you need any pain medications just ask.”, she said smiling again and I nodded.