23:The End of a Battle (short chapter)

"Raava was gone, the connection to Aang and my past lives was gone. Everything was gone. I failed. And now Unalaq is going to destroy the world, 10,000 years of darkness, and it's my fault. Unalaq is going to start in Republic City where mom is if she gets hurt... I don't even want to think about it."

Ally lay in the snow, her hair flopping over her face. She didn't feel anything as Kya picked her up and took her back into the spirit world to heal. She put them in some spirit water and healed them. 

"No!" Ally woke up and stood up with a yell. She looked around and her green eyes met Tenzin's gray ones, and she started to sob. "They're gone, everyone's gone. We're the last ones." 

"What?" Tenzin asked.

"We're the last avatars," Ally whispered. "The connection to our past lives are gone. The cycle is over." Ally put her head in her hands and knelt down. Tenzin explained that there may be another way to stop Vaatu and took Korra to the tree of time. Ally's eyes closed and she collapsed, barely making a sound. 

"Ally!" Kya knelt next to her niece and gathered the young woman into her lap. 

Ally's eyes fluttered open and she looked up at her aunt, just as a giant blue spirit Korra emerged from the tree of time. She went into the spirit portal and transported herself to Republic City. Ally tried to stand up, but she was seriously injured. She watched as hundreds of dark spirits started running towards them. Tenzin put Ally into the tree of time and started to attack the spirits. Meanwhile, in Republic City, Korra defeated Unalaq with the the help of Jinorah and her spirit. Korra and Ally fused with Raava once again, the Avatars were back. Harmonic convergence was done, the world returned to its normal light, but Ally was still hurt. She tried to stand up, but she swayed and fell down to her knees. With the help of Kya, she was able to walk out of the tree, and saw Korra make a decision that would affect the world forever, she decided to leave the portals open. Tonraq was appointed cheif of the southern water tribe, and everyone went home. Lin was waiting at the harbor when her daughter stepped off the ship. 

"Ally!" She exclaimed, looking at how beat up her daughter was. "Are you ok? What happened?"

"I'm fine, mom," Ally reassured her. "I'm okay, I promise."

"No, you're not," Lin scooped her daughter up and held the young woman close. "What happened?"

"Unalaq and Vaatu fused, and destroyed Raava," Ally explained.

"Raava? Vaatu?" Lin asked.

"Oh, right, Raava is the spirit that made me the Avatar, the spirit of light and peace, Vaatu is the opposite," Ally started. "Vattu destroyed Raava, severing my connections with my past lives, and destroyed my Avatar spirit."

"How are you still here?" LIn was shocked.

"Korra," Ally smiled and looked at her friend. "She was able to find Raava and we fused together again. But the connection to my past lives is still gone, for the first time since Avatar Wan, I don't have any help from my past lives."

"Oh, kid, I'm so sorry," Lin shook her head as she looked at the tired young girl in her arms.

"Are you okay?" Ally inquired, not caring about herself.

"I'm okay, we had a bit of a scare, but I'm alright," Lin replied as she carried her daughter back to the car. "But this isn't about me, kid. I'm okay. I know you're tired, get some sleep." Ally smiled and dozed off in the car, she was still asleep when her mom carried her back to her room. She slept with a smile, finally at peace.