Feisty Filly

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I walked inside the front door after a long day of work. I heard the familiar running footsteps coming towards me. Around the corner came the kid. He wore a smile that just bright your day. He has been with us for a couple weeks but we still haven't figured out his name. So we just call him buddy, laddy or little one untill we find out his name. I picked him up and he showed me the toy horse he was holding.

"What a lovely horse, Laddy" I responded as I walked further into the house

"What a lovely horse, Laddy" I responded as I walked further into the house. He doesn't really talk. More grunts but he uses a lot of facial expression. We found out that loud noises scare him and he isn't keen on the whole strangers touching him. Let's just say when one of the maids wanted to wake him up. He screamed his lungs out before biting her. So me and the family decided that we all take turns to watch him untill he is comfortable with the maids. Ada had watched him for me today. Sometimes  I take him with me to work if it's a boring or slow day. I walked with him into the kitchen where I met Ada. "Ello Ada" I said clearing my throat. She looked up and nodded before standing up. We said our goodbye's and Buddy waved her goodbye. "What about we go see the horses, ay?" I asked him, his face lit up and he smiled from ear to ear as he nodded. I sat him down and he grabbed my hand and we walked towards the stables. As soon as the horse noises filled the air. He let go of my hand and ran. I chuckled at the sight as he started to yell out "horse" and giggled. "Tommy!" I heard a voice call out. It was Scudboat. I turned my head and met his eyes. "It's beginning" he said with a smile. "Buddy. Come on" I called out. The boy turned around and ran towards us. "You remember. Lady?" I asked him as we all walked to the stable. He nodded. "She is having her foal" I said. He did this funny squeel and ran of to Lady's stable. We arrived at the stable and the foal had been born with no problems.

I squatted down next to my boy who watched them in aw

I squatted down next to my boy who watched them in aw. "It's a filly" I said pointing to the foal. Buddy suddenly hit me as hard as he could. I turned to him and saw him point to himself. I was confused. "Filly" he replied with a thoothy smile. "Filly and Filly" he said happy pointing from him to the foal. "You're Filly" I said with a smile as I realized that he just told me his name. "Or Fievel" he replied simply turning back to the foal. Fievel, I like it. Fievel Shelby. We watched the foal try standing up. Once she finally made it she walked up to Filly and nuzzled her nose into his side. He giggled loudly. I had a feeling that these two would make a good pair when they grow up. "What you gonna name her?" Scudboat asked me. "Feisty Filly" I whispered back.

Published: 20th of August 2020

I don't think I'm going to involve Charlie in the story. Well duh, because I use his pictures for Fievel.