Clingy

Requested by @Ellaa_254

::

"Hey!" You smiled at Noni who opened the door to you. "Hey Ella, Melo and the boys are in the basement." She said after hugging you.

"Thank you."

You crept down the stairs, avoiding the creaky steps because the sound was just something that annoyed you. As you made your way down the hallway towards the array of male voices you slowed down once you heard your name being brought up by one of the guys.

"Is Ella coming over today?" Zo asked Melo while watching him aim his stick at the stripped ball. They were playing pool.

"Yeah, she should almost be here." Melo spoke before hitting the ball into the hole.

"Damn, you guys always together. This what? The 10th day in the row?" Zo laughed.

It was actually 14 you thought, but hey who's counting.

Melo sighed, "She been real clingy lately, it just seems like I can't even move without her being in my face."

Your breathing hitched, and you felt an empty feeling in your stomach. Almost like the feeling you got when you were going to throw up. Not even wanting to hear the rest of what he was going to say, you decided to slowly and quietly make your way back up the basement stairs and through the house hopping into your car.

Pulling off, you drove and drove, not really knowing where you were going. Your mind was too consumed with your thoughts to even care.

You hadn't realized that you were being clingy, or the fact that it was a bad thing. So to hear those words spill from Melo's mouth as if he was tired of holding it in and happy someone finally noticed, broke your heart a little bit.

"Fuck!" You jumped as a car horn blared scaring you, making you swerve back into your lane.

Once you got home you noticed a text from Melo.

Melo
aye wya? - 7:30pm
Bae ?? - 8:03pm

Ella
I'm not feeling well. - 9:45pm

Melo
oh iight. you coming to my game tomo? - 9:50pm

You looked at his message, chewing on your bottom lip deciding on whether or not to reply. You decided to just lock your phone, and cry yourself to sleep.

;

You woke up the next morning checking your phone seeing multiple texts and calls from LaMelo last night. You debated on whether not to respond or to call back but you decided not to. You wouldn't wanna be too clingy would you?

Looking over at the clock it was 10 almost 11am you decided to head to Waffle House to see your best friend who was currently waitressing.

"Hey Ella, why aren't you at the big game right now?" She asked looking down at the Apple Watch at her wrist, but before you could even get a word out she continued talking.

"You do know there's supposed to be like every NBA Scout at Melo's game right? The whole town is there! Why aren't you?" She pointed to all the TVs in the restaurant that were showing the game right as they spoke.

Your eyes widened before, you quickly got up. "Oh my fuck, Sarah I fucking forgot how important this game was. Lamelo is going to kill me." You freaked. Looking at the tv noticing only 10 minutes was left on the clock.

"Girl hurry up and go! Maybe you can catch the final minutes."

Blah blah sped there blah blah 😭😭 (I cant think rn)

You walked into the screaming gym, standing on the side lines watching as only 15 seconds was left on the clock and the opposing team was up by 1. Melo swiftly stole the ball, but they were on his side of the court was he going to make it all the way down before the buzzer rang? 10 seconds were left on the clock and he was about half way down the court.

" Shoot it Melo!" You yelled, catching his attention but he quickly shot the ball making it in just before the buzzer siren went off. The whole stadium went bullistic cheering for and chanting Melo's name.

::

"Where you here the whole time?" Melo asked as you both walked out the gymnasium.

You shook your head, before sighing out a No. there was no use of lying. "I figured." He said, sounding a little disappointed. "Why weren't you here, and how come you didn't answer any of my texts and calls?"

You both stopped in front of his car where he leaned down sitting on the hood of it grabbing your arms and pulling you between his legs.

"You want the truth?" You asked looking up at him.

He eyed you weirdly while nodding slowly. "I actually was at your house, and I heard you and Zo talking about how clingy I can be." You sighed looking down.

"Ella-."

"So I was tryna give you some space you know?"

"Ella."

"I mean I didn't mean to miss this game it just slipped my mind, and I totally forgot how important this whole thing was to you and I'm really really sorr-."

He grabbed you face kissing you on the lips, making you shut the hell up.

"Ella," he laughed. " How much did you hear?"

"I heard you tell Zo you couldn't move without me being all in your face." You looked down, at your freshly painted toes in your cute ass yeezy slides he bought you.

"But I said I liked it though, right after."

Your eyebrows furrowed, "Really? I guess I didn't hear that part." You but you're lip feeling even worse than before for missing his game. "Yeah why would I ever not wanna be around my baby?" He smirked kissing you again then nodding his head for you to get in the car.

"Sorry, I didn't get to see you play entirely."  You moved from him, walking to the passenger side of his car.

"It's cool baby, I'll have more games in the future. I'm just glad you at least tried to come. If you didn't this," he pointed between the to of you. " would've been over with." He laughed.

;

Um so yeah, vote, comment, follow. I have hella requests to make :) love you guys fr