Ball In The Family

Requested by @elise_miller
This probably isn't what you're expecting and the ending is weird but hey 😃😄😂
::

"Um Melo?" I asked confusedly while walking into the kitchen of my house, where a host of people holding cameras and mic's were just posted up. "Who are all these people and why are they in my house?"

Melo blew out air of frustration, whilst looking annoyed.

"Hi Elise." A white lady walked over to me reaching her hand out but I just stared at it, then her, before turning back towards Melo.

"Who is she? And why she know my name? Is she the feds? Am I on To Catch a Criminal?" I looked at Melo shockingly, and backing away from her. I know he ain't set me up in my own home. He wouldn't do that... or would he?!

"So what I may have stole from a couple stores when I was younger, or beat up some people, and fucked up their cars but it was all for good reason! That trick ass ex of Melo's wouldn't leave us alone! And that stealing shit is behind me. I promise I have found Jesus." I rambled. It was something I tended to do when I panicked.

The mysterious white woman laughed, "no, no, Elise
I'm Courtney. I produce Ball in the Family."

"And she's forcing us to film today." Melo rolled his eyes cutting her off. "Man why you ain just say that? You know I got that case open had me scressin." I whispered making him laugh.

"I wouldn't say forcing Lamelo, your contract states you need a certain amount of-."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." He cut her off, kissing his teeth.

And I thought I was rude.

"Well I'm glad you know. You're below the minimum requirement and we have to start editing the show soon. So Elise we will be filming you guys all week."

"Oh nah." I shook my head vigorously. "I can't be on camera. I do too much hood rat shit for that. Somebody might recognize me." I shrugged grabbing the blunt I pre-rolled from off the counter.

"You have to Elise-."

"Why I have to? I ain no lawyer but I been in the system long enough to know I ain sign shit so I don't have to do shit." I scoffed. I don't know who this lady thought she was fooling but shìt, wasn't me.

"Melo said he'd only film if you did. So we really need you to film as well. The show isn't complete without him."

"What's in it for me?" I crossed my arms, shifting my weight from my left to my right foot. I wasn't really about doing shit out of the kindness of my heart. Especially when it seemed like my baby already didn't wanna do it.

"We'll pay you per episode." "How much?" I inquired.

"$200 an episode."

"$500."

"$250 and I won't tell your little PO you're smoking weed." She glanced down at the blunt intertwined between my fingers.

"Damn white girl, you coming like that?" I asked watching her smirk and nod. "I respect it. Sorry babe, we gotta do this." I looked up at Melo, puckering my lips so he'd kiss them.

"It's ok." He kisses them repeatedly.

"So where to first?" "A restaurant."

*

"So it done be feeling weird with these cameras all in your face?" I looked right into the camera that was directly beside us.

"Don't look at the camera." The guy behind it spoke.

"Don't tell me what to do." I mumbled furrowing my eyebrows and tossing a sweet potato fry in my mouth. "Yeah it's real weird. I hate filming cause its barely any privacy."

"Really? I thought you'd be use to it by now. You been doing this since when?"

"15, I think. Probably longer." He shrugged. "It be making me feel like an object more than a person. If I could take the basketball shit without the stardom,
I would."

I nodded not really knowing how to respond. We never talked about his life and the stardom that came with it. I guess I just assumed he enjoyed it. He never complained to me about it. I hated he felt that way though.

Pulling out my phone I texted him, I have an idea play along.

"My stomach really hurts I'll be back." I spoke aloud purposefully so the producers and camera men could here. While walking away I slipped outside to the car when I noticed they weren't watching anymore.

I texted Melo and told him to go "check on me." as an excuse to make a b-line for the exit. Shortly after his tall ass appeared making me smile.

"Did they notice you leave?"

"Nah I don't think so, let's go though. Ive been waiting to smoke this blunt."

;

I didn't know how to end it & this BEEN in the drafts so yeah 😂🤣