4 Crush pt1

A/n: This is definitely going to be a few part series, probably 3-4 parts.

This story takes place somewhere in the middle of season 1, I couldn't find a good picture of Rapunzel with blond hair comforting someone, sorry about that.

This is a story I came up with while listening to music so it's probably more put together than most of my stories.

Today you were in a REALLY good mood and had put on a pretty flower dress with a flower crown.

Varian had sent you a letter saying to meet him at the edge of the forest to ask you something. And since you had a crush on him since forever, you couldn't say no. You had hoped he felt the same way and would confess today.

"Hey, what's up with you? You're smiling up a storm," Clara, your older sister, and only family said as she passed you pancakes.

"Oh nothing," you said dreamily, hand rested on your head for support.

Clara inspected you rather carefully, before opening her mouth to an 'o' shape in realization.

"Waaaait, those are goo goo eyes...MY LITTLE SISTER HAS A CRUSH!" Clara squealed hugging you tightly.

"N-no, how did you-"

"Y/n, honey, you forget I was your age just four years ago. Now, finish up your food quickly, so you can meet up with this crush of yours," your big sis said, surprisingly supportive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well you look fancy," Varian joked when he saw you approaching the forest.

"Oh, it's nothing," you giggled.

"So, I'm just going to get to the point," Varian said, revealing a bouquet of flowers from behind his back.

You felt your cheeks start to warm up, 'it's finally happening!'

"You're a girl right?" Varian said hesitantly.

'Not how I imagined this conversation to go, but whatever'

"Yeah? Unless I was lied to my whole life," you fidgeted with your dress confused.

"I was planning to ask Cassandra on a date today, and wanted your advice. I got these flowers for her, girls like flowers right?."

Your smile slowly faded.

"You like...Cassandra?" You chuckled, hiding your disappointment.

"I mean yeah, I asked you to come for advice since you're my best friend and a girl. Cassy's attractive, smart, tough-"

"Eight years older than you," you cut him off, a little more harsh sounding than you had meant. He seemed surprised at you suddenly snapping at him.