82. SHE'S HERE

| CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO |

SHE'S HERE.

"WHERE IS HE?!" CASSIOPEIA YELLED through gritted teeth. Her grip on Sirius' hand tightened as he let out a pained groan.

"I don't know, he'll be here soon," He said, trying to not show how much pain he was in.

He had managed to get Cass to hospital just in time. She refused to apparate or use Floo Powder and when Sirius offered to drive her on his motorbike, Cassiopeia punched him in the arm and called him an 'idiot'. So, Sirius got in touch with Lily and James and both of them came down in Lily's muggle car, speeding to get to their friend as fast as physically possible.

Remus, on the other hand, was unreachable. He was busy with a mission for the Order and no one seemed to be able to get a hold of him. And no matter how many times the doctor told Cass to push, the black haired woman kept refusing, 'I can't do it until Remus gets here' she repeated over and over again as if it was some sort of mantra.

"Miss. Black, you're going to have to push now," The doctor repeated herself, looking up at the expecting mother with a encouraging smile. 

"Where's Remus?" Cassiopeia cried as another sharp pain ran through her body.

"Ow, ow, ow," Sirius muttered, closing his eyes whilst Cassiopeia squeezed his hand.

"I'm here!" Remus' voice was like music to her ears. Opening her eyes, she looked tiredly over at her fiancé. He was sporting some new scars on his face, not deep ones but ones that were probably deep enough to leave a slight scar. His eyes were wild with both worry and happiness.

"Oh, thank Merlin," Sirius muttered as he let Remus take his place, flexing his hand to try and get some blood flowing through it again before discreetly exiting the room, making his way over to their friends, (Liv and Marlene had arrived not too long after themselves, even Alice, Frank and Molly had come too).

"Where were you?" Cassiopeia asked, looking up at her fiancé with teary eyes. Her entire face was drenched in sweat, some of her black locks that weren't up in a messy bun were sticking to her forehead and cheeks, to her, she looked like a complete and utter mess as she looked up at him, but she didn't care in that moment.

However, to Remus, she looked like the most beautiful person he ever laid his eyes upon. He squeezed her hand and placed one arm around her shoulder; just in case he needed to help her move forwards when she pushed again, "It doesn't matter, love. I'm here now, let's meet our baby, yeah?"

"Yeah," Cass nodded.

"Okay, are you ready to push again?"

"No," Cassiopeia shook her head, crying harder.

The doctor quipped a smile, "Your baby needs you to be."

"You can do this," Remus told her in a hushed voice.

Cassiopeia glanced at her fiancé briefly, "Okay," She nodded tiredly before letting out another pained scream as she began to push. Her head fell back onto the pillow, her breathing was heavy and uneven, tears and sweat mingling on her face, "It hurts. It hurts so bad. I can't do it anymore."

"Yes, you can," Remus encouraged her, "You're doing so so well, my love, I know you can continue."

"Can you do it for me?" She asked tiredly, her head lolling from one side to the other.

A grin appeared on his lips, "I would love to do it for you, but I can't."

"You're going to need to push again, Miss. Black."

"Urgh, fine."

"That's the attitude, love," Remus chuckled, pressing a quick kiss on her forehead, he helped her sit back up.

"Ready?" The doctor asked.

Cassiopeia let out a shaky breath but nodded.

"One...two...three..push."

Her pained screams were so loud, they would've been heard all across the hospital if it wasn't for the enchanted walls.  

"You're almost there, I can see the head."

"You can?" Cassiopeia's eyes widened as realisation washed over her. She was really having a baby. They were really having a baby, "We're having a baby."

Remus chuckled, nodding his head at the love of his life, "We're having a baby."

"I love you," Cassiopeia said tiredly, looking up at his through her lashes, "Well, truthfully, not really right now, but I know that I will love you again after this."

"That's completely understandable, I love you."

"Okay, this will be the last one, I recon. Push," The doctor encouraged, smiling brightly at the young couple.

Cassiopeia's grip, yet again, tightened on Remus' hand. Her eyes squeezed shut as she pushed herself forwards (with the help of Remus). She could feel more tears streaming out of her closed eyes as the pain intensified before suddenly stopping. Her cries died down and were replaced with the cries of a baby.

Her eyes flew open as everything registered in her brain. She was no longer pregnant. No longer an expecting mother. She was just a mum now. She watched as the doctor wrapped the baby up in a soft pink blanket before looking up at Remus. He had tears streaming down his cheeks from the second he heard the baby crying. But the Cheshire grin on his face told her that he was just as ecstatic as she was.

The doctor finally looked up at the couple, a large grin on her face, "She's here." 

AN- The baby is here!! This was my first time writing a birth and I've never had a baby so I was just going off on what I remember from films, so if it's not too accurate please don't come for me