three

Leah Presley

My eyes were going back and forth between the two men, feeling my heart run relays in my chest. My body felt heavy from all the alcohol I had consumed and it felt like my mind was playing tricks on me. The coincidence was uncanny and this felt so unreal. Please pinch me if I'm dreaming right now.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him, the glisten of his green eyes as he laughed along with Jude as they conversed. His cheeks indenting with dimples with a wide grin on his face that caused my stomach to leap at the sight. My feet were cemented to the ground, my frozen state not letting me move a single inch. I could tell both of them thought something was wrong, and surely there was something extremely wrong with the fact that my supposed "soulmate" and my boyfriend were best mates.

"Babe... why don't you get us some drinks, yeah?" Jude leaned down towards my ear in a whisper, noticing Harry's eyes trail towards me, a notice of concern on his face. I nodded my head slowly, turning away and wistfully grabbing Skylar's forearm to drag her along with me. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion at my rush to leave the scene, walking towards the bar and quickly ordering a few drinks. I sighed heavily, leaning my body up against the bar, pinching my eyes shut and running my fingers through my blonde hair.

"Are you okay?" Skylar asked with worry, leaning towards me. I shook my head quickly, turning my body to face her. 

"No, we need to leave after we get these drinks," I spoke fast, swallowing the lump growing in my throat. Skylar looked taken aback, a small chuckle escaping her lips as she looked at me like I was insane.

"What for? We're having fun, plus we just met Jude's really hot frie-"

"No Sky, we need to leave immediately, please just order an uber for us," I pleaded with begging eyes as her face turned serious at my obvious concern. 

"Leah, what's going on? Seriously, what's wrong?" Her stern voice begging for a response. I shook my head at her, grabbing the drinks that the bartender had slid towards me. Skylar helped me carry them, as we slid through the dancing bodies to get back to the spot I most definitely didn't want to stay in any longer.

"Not here..." I trailed off in a low voice loud enough for Skylar to hear me. My breath got caught in my throat once my eyes trailed towards Jude and Harry. A petite girl with beautiful long brown hair was latched onto Harry, leaning her head on his arm. I clenched the drinks in my hand, a sudden feeling of anger rushing through me. Why was I getting so jealous for no reason? I barely even know this guy. Skylar glanced at me with wide eyes as we approached the group as I pushed Jude's drink in his hand. He looked at me with annoyance, noticing something was definitely up, but I refuse to ever tell him the real reason as to why. 

"Leah, this is Harry's girlfriend," Jude introduced, his eyes pleading for me to be at least a little interactive. I quickly brought my cup up to my lips, the liquid burning the back of my throat as I chugged it. I needed this, more than anything, especially after finding the news that Harry was also in a relationship. Wide eyes from the group watched me with concern. I brought my thumb up to swipe against my bottom lip, ridding off the extra liquid. 

"Hi, I'm Sadie!" The girl smiled all excited, bringing her hand out to shake mine. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Harry's arm around her, a bright smile on his lips. I shuddered with annoyance as I bit the bottom of my lip.

"Hi, Leah," I responded curtly, shaking her hand quickly, bringing it back down to my side. Jude's eyebrows were furrowed as he leaned down to my ear in a whisper.

"What's wrong?' I heard him say in a low whisper only loud enough for me to hear. I shook him off of me, bringing a fake smile to my lips to reassure him everything was fine, but it was far from the truth. This was way too weird for me and I was hoping that uber I begged Skylar to order was on its way.