²⁹ Metanoia

μετάνοια // Greek
Metanoia noun
me-tə-ˈnȯi-ə
a transformative change of heart

+x+

Yeonjun tightly held onto his phone in hopes of hearing a quiet ping from his messages

You'd been gone for about two hours, and he wasn't permitted to leave the room until further examination.

The boys checked up on him after hearing he woke up, but refused to tell him anything regarding you.

Yeonjun laid back on the couch he moved to, intently staring at the sketch you'd left with him.

He couldn't understand how you were now in his head.
Why didn't you mention anything?
Why was dream-you trying to hurt him?

His train of thought came to an abrupt stop when the door opened, revealing you, Dr. Hwang, and someone he didn't recognize.

"How are you feeling, Yeonjun?" Sung asked.

"Better than before.. physically at least." Yeonjun's gaze couldn't leave you as you tried to avoid eye contact.

He was trying to be more honest and admit that he needed help.
Yeonjun knew that what he said was out of pocket and has been gnawing at his mind since you left.

"That's partially good!" Sung began.

"This is Dr. Lee Jaesang; he's a professor in the psychology department at Seoul University." You both formally greet Dr. Lee before taking your seat on the couch.

"He's conducted research regarding soul bonds before, so we've been working with him. With his help, we've concluded that you two have a Metanoian soul bond."

"A what bond?"

"Metanoian.
Out of the small percentage of people who have soulmates, an even smaller percentage of them have a Metanoian bond." Dr. Lee answer.

"It mostly affects you when you're distant or out of sync for too long. Which explains why Yeonjun becomes so aggressive and physically weak when Y/N is abroad."

"The distance makes the bond and waves unstable, meaning it'll be harder to maintain."

"But how is this different from a normal bond?" You pressed.

Dr. Hwang and Dr. Lee exchanged nervous glances, almost like they were telepathic.

You sensed some uneasiness emerging within Yeonjun, so you subtly moved until your shoulders were touching, in hopes of healing him.