ch.19

Glimmers pov

Linh's bottom lip quivered as she walked towards me. "It was you? We trusted you!"

"No you didn't! I was just some ex-Neverseen member to you! I was never your friend!" I screamed.

Biana scrunched up her face as she saw me as a bug. "You were," she glanced at Tam who was staring at me. "At least before you betrayed us and wiped our memories clean."

"I was gonna get killed!" I prepared for a fight. "Wouldn't you do the same thing when you're out numbered? If you're about to die? When you have no one to go to?" I took a deep breath and calmed myself. "I endured this my whole life. If I made a mistake, they threatened to kill my family. What would you do, Biana? Get your family killed?"

Biana didn't say anything. I glared at her. "You can't swoop in and save the day this time."

Tam glanced at the light balls which were in my hands. Before I could react, he shot me with his shadow flux.

Tam's pov

I looked at the girl who layed unconscious underneath my feet. I liked her once. I trusted her once. She betrayed us. Just like that. I looked at Linh who was staring at Glimmer. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

Linh looked at me. "I don't know. This girl wiped our memories and replaced them with new ones for I–don't–know how many times."

I nodded. "We need to tie her up or something. She might wake up."

Linh agreed and ripped her cloak to make a rope.

I went over to Biana. "How are you feeling?"

Biana shook her head. "I don't know. I'm confused, though," she looked at me. "Why did she erase our memories? For what reason?"

I shrugged. "We'll have to figure that out together."

She nodded. "What do we now?"

"Now we figure out how we're going to escape."

Dex's pov

"Okay!" I pumped my fists in the air.

Marella nelt beside me and tucked a hair behind her ear. "What is it?"

"I found they're location."

"Great!"  Keefe said. "Now let's go and find Sophie! And the others."

"Not without us," said a voice. It was coming from the door. We turned around and saw the Council and body guards and our moms and dads. "We're all going."

Marella looked stunned. "Okay, then. But we're leaving now."

Councilor Emery nodded. "Then let's go."

Keefe's pov

We went to the Neverseen's lair. It was bigger than I imagined. It looked like an old castle. Not that  big but still pretty big. The entrance was covered in cob webs and was covered in dust and dirt. Spiders and other bugs hid in their own corner as we walked in the hollow halls. There were too many of us. I told the councilors to go the other way. Emery seemed offended because he was getting orders from me. He scowled at me but he went.

"Hey Dex," I told him. "Where are they?"

Dex looked around and fixed his eyes on a door. He didn't respond but he kept getting closer to the door.

Marella looked worried. "Um, Dex?" Her voice was firm but her expression gave her away.

Dex seemed confused as he touched the door.

"Dex!" I yelled and yanked him out of his trance. "What is wrong with you, dude?"

Dex shook his face and slapped himself. "Uh, what?"

Marella grunted. "Never mind, let's just go now."

Dex looked confused and his eyes kept wandering over to the door. "Yeah," he glanced at the door again before leaving. "Let's go."

We ran through some hallways as I asked Dex about the whole door thing. "It was nothing." He said, but he was a awful lier. I kept my mouth shut and decided to not push him.

Marella stopped abruptly. "I think this is the place....," she pointed to a cell room. "Or was."

Dex's gadget kept beeping. This was the place. But something was wrong. Nobody was there except........Glimmer. She was tied up in some cloth rope thingy. She was unconscious.

Marella made her way over to her and untied her bonds. (Why, Marella, why??!!) "Why is she unconscious?" Marella asked, untying her bonds. Her face paled. "And where are the others?"

Glimmer's eyes fluttered open as Marella finished untying the rope. She looked at all of us and grabbed Marella by the neck and chocked her. (What the heck, dude?)

I didn't know who screamed. Me, Dex, Marella or Ro. "What are you doing?!" I yelled.

Glimmer grinned like a maniac as Marella stopped kicking. "Just doing my work," she looked at Marella who's eyes were closed. (Wow, Glimmer's grip must be really firm if she knocked Marella out......) "Now, let's be honest with each other. I betrayed you guys. I'm the spy."

Dex knelt down next to Marella. "Spy?" His voice was shaky as he cradled Marella on his lap.

Glimmer raised an eyebrow. "So, you didn't hear about the news? Well, I'm the one who wiped your memories," she smiled coldly. "And I'm happy to do that again."

Yeah....that happened......this chapter was just bad.....sorry😔
And thanks for 900+ reads! I didn't know people actually read this lmao! Thanks for voting and commenting on this! I really appreciate it XD I just love reading commentsss