Sleepover

Ryan was leaning back in his bed with Dottie sleeping at his side. He was gently rubbing her head as he scrolled through Instagram on his phone. He snapped his head to the door when Brendon came in.

He was wearing one of Ryan's old baggy shirts and a pair of pajama pants. His hair was dripping wet, soaking his shoulders. Ryan looked down at his phone to hide his laugh, but it didn't work.

"Why are you laughing?" Brendon questioned with some attitude in his voice. Ryan bit his lip, trying to keep his smile from growing.

"I uh.. I didn't realize how baggy those would look on you." He glanced up to see Brendon frowning at him.

"I wouldn't have needed to shower if you didn't shove the cake in my face and get frosting all over my clothes and hair." Ryan looked down at Dottie, scratching behind her ear.

"I already said sorry. I didn't think the cake would slip off the plate and land on you." Ryan felt the bed dip beside him.

"Yeah, I know. I was just surprised. Never had a cake smashed so violently in my face." Ryan chuckled softly, earning a playful slap on the arm. "But thanks for letting me borrow some clothes."

"It was no problem." Ryan looked over, eyes moving over Brendon's body buried in the loose fitting outfit. "Plus you look cute," Ryan whispered, cheeks growing flushed. Brendon shoved him, almost hard enough for Ryan to fall out of bed.

"S-shut up," Brendon stuttered, face beet red. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for bed." Ryan looked up, instantly noticing how flustered Brendon was. He found it adorable the way the boy was figeting with his shirt and making sure to look at anything but him. Brendon would glance over at him only to quickly turn away when he saw Ryan staring.

Ryan found himself reaching over, gently grabbing Brendon's chin. The boy jumped at the sudden contact but didn't fight when his head was turned to meet Ryan's eye. Ryan softly caressed his cheek with the pad of his thumb, smile tugging the corners of his lips. Brendon's eyes shifted over to the side, feeling embarrassed by being watched this intensely.

"Why are you staring?"

"Cause you're adorable." Brendon accidentally let a surprised squeak sound from the back of his throat. A hand came up and curled around Ryan's wrist. He let it rest there, not trying to pull it away from his face. "What's wrong? You're blushing really bad."

"No–..s –ver.. to..," Brendon mumbled incoherently. Ryan chuckled softly.

"What?" Brendon took a deep breath and worked up enough courage to meet Ryan's eyes again.

"No one's ever said that to me," he confessed. Ryan's jaw was ready to hit the floor. He almost felt insulted that no one told Brendon how undeniably cute he was.

"What?" Maybe he just didn't hear right? Brendon bit his lip and shrugged. Ryan was more visibly upset that he anticipated.

"I'm not the type people come up to and compliment. The only reason I haven't really been bullied is cause Pete's so popular." Ryan released Brendon's chin to circle his arms around his waist and pull him forward against his body.

Brendon gasped at the quick movement and braced his hands on Ryan's shoulder and chest. He would've pulled away from embarrassment if the boy didn't have such a tight hold on him.

"Ryan, w–what are y–" He was cut off by Ryan's crashing their lips together. Brendon's eyes widened in surprise before melting into the feeling. His hand gripped the front of Ryan's shirt and the other slide up to circle the back of his neck.

His heart was thumping hard in his chest when he felt Ryan's tongue poke at his lips. He took a moment before opening his mouth, sighing at the feeling of Ryan's tongue brushing against his own.

It was a level of intimacy he never gave any real thought to. The two were exploring a new part of each other, carefully not to push too far. Brendon was the first to pull, keeping eyes closed because of how anxious he was with how Ryan would react.

When he finally opened his eyes, Ryan was staring at him like before. His eyes were puppy wide filled with adoration. He leaned in against for a quick kiss, almost too soft to be considered contact. Brendon realized how gentle Ryan always handled him, like he was some fragile glass he was terrified of breaking with the wrong move.

"You should have someone tell you how beautiful you are everyday." Brendon's face grew hot again. He turned away, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "I mean it. You're gorgeous." Brendon pushed him away, laughing nervously.

"Y-you should get ready for bed." With a smirk, Ryan slowly climbed out of bed. Brendon shifted around, moving comfortably underneath the covers. He flinched when he heard a shirt drop to the floor. He squeezed his eyes shut at the sound of a belt hitting the wood. There was rustling going on behind him, peaking his curiosity.

Brendon turned his head just enough to see Ryan facing away from him, finishing pulling up his pajama pants. He was shirtless, back muscles flexing prominently with every move. When Ryan turned around, Brendon flipped back over, only getting a glimpse at the boy's toned figure and outline of abs over his stomach.

The bed dipped with the weight of Ryan moving under the covers. Brendon could almost feel the hesitation radiating from Ryan. It's not like they didn't sleep in the same bed last time, but this feels different. Brendon feels more this time.

"Can I hold you?" Ryan whispered. Brendon could hear the sleep in his voice taking over, making it impossible for him to refuse, not that he was going to. He nodded quickly, not trusting his words now.

Ryan carefully wrapped his arm around Brendon's waist again, pulling their bodies together. Brendon's heart was going to explode with how fast it was beating. He kinda wished he was shirtless too so he could feel Ryan's skin on his own.

He felt himself calming a bit when he felt thumping on his back. It the moment he realized how nervous Ryan was also. From Ryan's point of view, it must've been hard to do be as daring as he'd been with someone so shy. They were both equally nervous but wanted the same thing, craved each other.

Ryan planted a light kiss on the back of Brendon's neck, whispering a quiet 'sweet dreams' against his skin. Brendon felt at peace with the feeling. He liked this, the warm feel he got, the closeness, the intimacy. He loved this. He loved it a lot and he loved that it was Ryan.

---

A/N:

So might have made a discovery today? My sister's kitten might be deaf. He's only 10? weeks old and he's not really listening to us at all. We started like clapping and making noises behind him to see if he'd react. Either he's deaf or he's really good at ignoring us. My sister got sad cause she didn't notice sooner. Either way he will get extra kissies on the face (he loves face kisses) and extra cuddles (when he let's us cuddle him).