T W E L V E

40 COMMENTS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

4TH OF J U L Y
S A L V A T O R E
S C H O O L

Landon was outside, trying to set up an outdoor movie session with Rafael. With his best friend in wolf form and no idea how to bring him back to normal, he just wanted to be able to make him as comfortable as possible. And that meant trying to make him a wolf den.

"So, I should probably tell you I moved rooms last month. Ours was getting painted, and I figured I'd move back in once you were, you know, you again," Landon said. "But if for any reason you become you while I'm out, like looking for ways to help you become you, I just didn't want you to go back and see that I wasn't in our room anymore and think that I bailed on you because I would never do that obviously. I also brought the photos of that mystery girl I told you about into the new room with me so the painters don't... yanno, mess them up."

Rafael approached, growling. Landon wondered what Rafael would say about the girl in the photos. He noticed that in the ones they had with her, he had a certain look on his face that Landon hadn't seen in a while. Not since Cassie. He wondered if there was perhaps something that had gone on between them, and if there was, he was sad that his best friend may never remember. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"No matter what path I go down, it seems like a dead end. I mean, there were at least two other people with Landon the night Malivore was destroyed," Alaric said as he walked around town square with his daughter, standing behind people holding things to decorate for the holiday. "They left fibers, footprints, hair. I just don't know who they were."

"Maybe one of them is Lilah," Josie suggested. "She had to go somewhere, and if none of us remember her, the only logical explanation is into Malivore. And that's just the point of Malivore, if someone went into the pit, they'd be erased from our memories."

"Yeah, well, that's what's haunting me," Alaric replied. "Who've we forgotten? There was two others there. It can't just be this Lilah girl."

"It couldn't have been anybody we've known. There'd be keepsakes, photos, an empty bed somewhere. We only have Lilah's, so if someone else went into that pit with her, it's not someone we knew," Josie shrugged.

"Well, whoever they were, they were important to somebody."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───