XXXVII: bad dream

"MUMMY? DADDY?" a panicked voice jolts me awake. 

I spring up from bed, earning a groan from Yoongi. 

"Jagi?" I faintly hear as I sprint to the room across. 

"I'm here, baby girl," I gasp, pulling a crying Chunhei into my arms, "Mummy's got you, lovey. Don't cry."

Her tears die down into small sniffles as she wraps her arms around my middle, cuddling her head into my chest. 

"What happened, my girl?" I whisper, stroking her hair and leaving small kisses on her head. 

"I had a bad dream," She chokes out, hiccups interrupting her words, "Then I woke up and didn't know where I was."

I relax and pull her closer, relieved that nothing harmed her, "I'm so sorry, Chunnie. You fell asleep on our walk home so papa just put you in bed after you got in your jammies." 

"Where's daddy?" She lifts her head from my chest, looking around the room, "And mama and papa?"

"I'm here, princess," A raspy deep voice cuts through the silence. 

We both turn our heads to see a sleepy Yoongi, trudging into the room and settling onto the bed. He wraps his arms around the both of us, his head snuggling into my neck. 

"Bad dream, bubba?" 

"Mhmm," Chunhei answers, a soft yawn cutting her short, "This mean lady tried to take me away from you and mummy. Mama and papa were there too. The mean lady pushed papa to get me." 

"No one pushes me!" Another voice cuts in. 

Chunhei gasps as we look over to the door. Standing in the doorway are my parents, both in the pajamas. 

"What's made our princess upset?" Mama asks, coming over and rubbing Chunhei's back. 

My dad comes in and they both settle on the other edge of the bed, listening intently as Chunhei describes the events of her dreams. 

"That's horrible, honey!" My mom exclaims, shaking her head, "Don't worry, my love. No one will ever take us from you."

"Really, mama?" Chunhei asks, her eyes growing wide.

"Never, my love. Mama and papa love you so much." 

"I-" Chunhei starts, tears starting to form in her eyes. 

"What's wrong, bubba?" I ask, panicking as she starts choking up. 

"I- I'm just so happy," She cries out, bursting into tears, "All my friends at school always visit two grandmas and two grandpas. I've only visited one. But now I have two!"

"Oh, my little tiger," My dad sighs, opening his arms, "Come here, my little girl."

Chunhei untangles herself from Yoongi and I and jumps straight into her mama and papa's arms. 

"We love you, Chunhei. Mama and papa are always here for you. We'd love for you to come and visit us all the time." Mama cries, letting a few tears stream down her face. 

"I love you mama," Chunhei sniffles, placing a kiss on her mama's cheek before doing the same to her papa, "And I love you papa."

"We're always here, my little tiger," Papa assures, stroking her hair away from her face.

"C'mon, munchkin," I call, "It's late and we all need to go back to bed. How about we go to the mall tomorrow and spend more time with mama and papa?" 

Chunhei nods and kisses her grandparents goodnight one last time before coming right back into my arms. 

"Goodnight, Chunnie," Mama waves, as they walk out back to their bedroom, "We'll see you in the morning. We love you."