chapter 8

HAPPY EID MUBARAK

I'm back💃💃💃💃
I made some changes to the previous chapters, you can check it out.

KIKIOPE

Immediately the clock struck 10, I got up quickly while the others looked up at me with a questioning look.

"It's like you were impatiently waiting for the time, abi?" Bimpe started.

"Before nko, that Biology is just too boring."

"It isn't," Doyin countered.

"It can't be boring to you na!" Bimpe and I shouted in unison and she chuckled.

"Like, I can't just wait to drop that subject," I continued.

"Not only you," Bimpe added as she closed her book and proceeded to stand up.

"Wait, what time is the competition starting?" Doyin inquired.

"We were instructed to be in school by 11," Bimpe replied.

"This one that we've not even prepared our food yii, I'm certain we'll get to school late."

And we actually did, we got to school thirty-two minutes after eleven because we all argued on whom to prepare the food and clean the house, at the end Bimpe and I prepared our meal while the others cleaned the house, while eating, we'd been so engrossed in our discussion until Khalid reminded us that we were late. Quickly, we all rushed into the bathroom before Khalid called his dad's driver who drove us hastily to school.

Mr. Nala was really pissed off as he drove us to the town hall, immediately we alighted from his car, what greeted us was the sight of our vice principal who also looked furious but being the punks we were, we erupted into laughter. As the vice principal opened his mouth to scold us, an announcement was made, and we walked majestically into the hall even though we were late. Luckily, we weren't going to miss any of the competition.

While Mr. Nala and Bimpe stayed at the reception to register her for the essay competition, we walked into the big town hall with the vice principal instructing us to seat at a stipulated place meant for JANU college, he left for the stage as he was amongst the VIP member.

"Hi," the female students from AIYEGBENI comprehensive high school squealed while waving at the guys immediately we sat down.

Doyin and I glanced at each other.

"These people have started again," Doyin said with disgust evident in her tone.

"Abi oo, like I don't even understand what's wrong with them..." I couldn't complete the sentence as two female students from AIYEGBENI walked over to Khalid, Abee and Kunmi.

Immediately, Doyin and I fastened our gaze on them.

"Hi," the slim one between them greeted with a wide smile, they weren't familiar to any of us because we've never met them in a competition before, I guess their school local champions were probably registering for the essay or somewhere around. My guess was confirmed when I sighted the presumed local champions.

"Hey," the girl squealed while the guy went over to his seat, just then Bimpe appeared.

"These girls aren't tired of throwing themselves at our guys every time sha," Bimpe said while taking her seat beside me.

"Like, it's just so annoying, they are shameless," Doyin added as we turned to look at the girls chattering with the guys who looked like they were enjoying their company.

Doyin opened her mouth to talk, but the voice from the microphone stopped her, we all turned our attention to the announcement being made, it was to register for the quiz and spelling bee.