1•6 - Safe in Hell

6 - Safe in Hell

Just why did I open that door?

Or did I not? Were we just really directed to that door? Did we really have a choice?

That loud noise blared again. This time, I didn't bother to cover my ears. I just braced myself while waiting for that voice to announce what I just put everyone into.

"I'll be bombing that room in ten seconds, players. Move." The voice didn't sound casual when it said that. It sounded impatient.

I felt my eyes heated when Kuya held my hand again. We walked towards the door under the sign 'Lust' and into the next room.

We all stopped. Not because the door behind us suddenly closed, but because someone's inside the room.

I guess, I didn't brace myself enough.

"W-Who's that girl?" Kuya Chem asked, pertaining to the girl sleeping on the bed at the other side of the room.

"You see, players, I'm not that bad." From that tone, I can conclude that whoever's speaking is smiling. "I would like you to meet, Maria. I must warn you, though, don't be fooled by her looks. She's a slut."

I felt Kuya's hold on my hand tightened. He didn't like the last sentence and I am very sure that the other guys felt the same. Even though they liked to flirt with women, they never disrespected any. They said it's because they don't want any other man to disrespect me.

"In the next three hours, Maria should have sex with all the males inside the room. Failure to do so will result to her death. Or, if you don't want do to it with her, you may do it with Chase. I don't really care."

Kuya was about to scream again but I squeezed his hand. His eyes softened when he looked at me. He let go of my hand and hugged me instead.

"Timer starts now." And just like that, the timer on top of the bed started to move.

The room fell silent. I can feel the tension. The atmosphere suddenly went cold.

I know they don't want to do it, they'd rather die. Believe me, they would. But it's not their lives at stake, it's not mine. It's someone we don't know. And knowing these guys, they would never decide whether someone lives or dies. Be it a family, a friend, or even just a stranger.

"A-Anong gagawin natin?" Kuya Blade asked as he threw a slight glance on the bed.

The girl started to move. We all watched her getting up and sitting on the bed. She looked surprised when she saw us but then she looked away. With how she reacted, I could tell she knows what's going to happen.

Maria, I'm not even sure if that's her real name, just kept her face low. I have no idea about what's going on in her mind right now. All I can say is that she's scared.

We all are.

"G-Gagawin niyo ba?"

I was surprised when she spoke. It was almost a whisper but we all heard it as the room was silent. Her voice was so soft, it's almost calming. It's just that her tone reminded me of the situation, the terrifying situation we're in.