Chapter 42

Two days later Emma was released from the hospital and the journey from there to their home was an exciting one. When they came home a small party was kept in celebration of her daughters, thrown together by Hanna and Arlene. All the family had come together, even Marcus, Kim and their son Marco whom she hadn’t seen for so long. They had been in Aspen visiting Kim's family home and were now back in the US. Emma had spoken to them from time to time, not as often but there wasn't any awkwardness as she would have thought.

Another party goer she hadn't expected was Ariel and she was there up and front with her fake cooing and pretending that she liked babies. Emma subtly ignored her request of being a Godparent, not while she was still breathing. She, however didn't let Ariel ruin her party and didn't worry about her getting too close to her husband. The teddy bear was too engrossed in his babies and the keen watch he had over each as they were passed around.

Damn, he was going to get wrinkled before time as an ever-present frown remained on his face. He wanted the babies all to himself. 'Look at how cute they are?' Luka was saying before he nearly gave Jonas a heart attack 'they are going to be heartbreaker... boys will be rolling in by the dozen.' Jonas almost popped a vessel as he went and took Elle Rose from him and almost thrust the baby into her arms. Emma just kissed her baby and hand her over to Kelly.

She went and pulled Jonas away and stopped him from taking Elizabeth from Grant. 'Stop honey...'

'Did you hear what Luka said...'

'Yes I heard, and it’s too early to be thinking of such things.'

'I don't know Emma, I never think about that part. What will happen when they grow up, when they are teenagers. Hell, the thought of boys wanting to do to them what I do to you in the bedroom is...' Emma blushed and had a little pity on the man. He looked like he wanted to tear his eyes out and also like he wanted to lock the twins away. Emma chuckled and patted his back. He seemed to age a little 'What are we going to do Emma? I'm thinking All-girls school right from the beginning to the end of their education. Then I can have them work for me so I can keep watch. No guy would dear come near them. Oh and if I can't be around them, then I'll have lots of security...'

Emma glared at everyone who had stopped and listen to Jonas mad rampage, the need to laugh clear on their faces. 'Jonas stop...' he shook his head and smiled sheepishly at her. 'I have time right?' she nodded before reaching up to kiss the cutie.

The family spent the rest of the day with them, even when the babies slept they still watch them. Emma yawned again as she snuggled into her husband’s chest. Night had fallen and only Luka, Hanna and Billy remained 'I think it's time for us to go,' Hanna said softly chuckling. Jonas move to show them out because frankly she was too tired to move.

'Come baby, let's get you into bed,' Jonas helped her up the stairs and helped her get ready for bed. When they were dressed in their bed wear they went and looked in on the babies again. They were both sleeping facing each other hands almost touching. God, they were perfect 'Thank you honey.'

Emma just smile and shook her head. He had thanked her more than enough.

That night Emma slept through the night, she had been preparing for crying and such but the babies slept right through.

Came morning, Emma jumped out of bed and ran to the nursery in excitement. She couldn't wait to see her little darlings. She gave a surprised gasp to see Jonas was already there, dressed in his grey sweat pants and t-shirt holding Elizabeth, shushing her lightly 'Shhh, she was about to squeal when I came in but I didn't let her wake Elle up.' He report looking proud of himself. Emma smile and nodded coming to kiss first her daughter then her husband 'Hmmm...' she giggled and Jonas glared at her when Elizabeth's eyes fluttered open 'Now you did it...'