Chapter 35

"What do you wanna do today?" Chloe asked as I sit down and finished my breakfast.

"Damn, I just finished my breakfast." I joked and drank water.

"Wanna go at the backyard and take a dip?"

"You have a pool?" I asked and she nodded happily.

She picked up my empty plate and put it in the dishwasher.

"Up." She ordered, "I'll show you."

I stood up and followed her.

The dining area has a glass sliding door, I've seen it everyday but I never went out. She slid the door open and went outside.

It was just a normal backyard, there were walls on both sides but what I didn't know was the metal door on the left side leads to another place. And it was beautiful.

There was a thin, white cloth covering the sky and the breeze gives it a slow motion like waves.

"Wow." I said in amazement and looked around. The size of the place was huge, the circular pool covers most of the area. There were seats and small tables. I saw a small fridge and a couch at the corner.

"It looks really nice at night" she said proudly.

I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. "No doubt."

"Can Tori go?" I asked. I'm sure she would say yes.

"O-oh." She stammered. "I-I kinda asked her when you were upstairs earlier and said she has stuff to do..."

She was looking away and was fidgeting with her fingers.

"Like?" I asked, I knew she wasn't saying the truth.

"Help her mom and stuff... She said she'll go some other time." Definitely not the truth.

I sighed. Even if I knew she was lying, I couldn't double check because I have no phone.

"Let's have a dip at night, I just want to lay down today." I said and started to walk away.

"Oh." I heard her say. "Well...have fun?"

"Thanks." I said and went back inside.

I looked around the house to see if there's anything to clean but everything was spotless.

You think I'd really do nothing today? I'm used to doing all the chores and making sure everything was organized before having a rest. I figured my room should be messy enough.

I opened the small walk-in closet and found bags opened, some clothes are on the floor and some are spilling out. I went back to the door, locked it and then proceeded to arranging my  shirts and shoes.

It took me probably an hour because by the time I was finished, I felt tired.

I wiped the sweat on my forehead and pulled a random oversized T and shorts, as well as underwear.

I took a quick shower and decided to have a nap.

This is nice, I thought. Just laying down and enjoying the silence. I fell asleep for a couple of minutes until I heard Chloe knock at the door.

I tried to ignore it but she knocked again so with a groan, I stood up and opened the door.

"Yes?" I said groggily. She has her back turned and was on her way to go down.