Chapter 6

I woke up to the sun shining upon my face through the curtains I forgot to close last night. I tried to raise up but my head was pounding from a painful headache. 

I felt something move beside me in the bed making me freeze in fear. 

Memories from last night suddenly rushing back in my mind. 

The breeze from my ceiling fan hit me making a chill run through my body. 

Oh God I'm naked. I thought to myself. 

"Fuck!" I heard Jermaine whisper yell as he jumped out of the bed.

I sat up with the cover covering my body afraid to look at his face. I could feel my face heating up with embarrassment. I know my sister and I have had a lot of issues between each other, but never in a million years did I expect myself to be as low down as her. 

I finally got enough courage to look in Jermaine's direction. 

He picked up his phone and looked at it. "Dammit. 36 missed calls. Erica is going to kill me!" He yelled as he grabbed his clothes off the floor hurriedly putting them on.

I contemplated on saying something but what should I say? 

"Ummmm..." I started out, not know what else to say.

Jermaine stopped in his tracks as if he was just noticing me for the first time. 

"I'm sorry about last night. I took advantage of you at a vulnerable time. You were hurting and I was upset with Erica. Things shouldn't have went that far." 

Before I could respond he was running out the bedroom. When I heard the front door slam I knew he was gone. 

For the first time in my life, I felt cheap.

------

A month had passed since the incident with Jermaine.

I haven't heard anything from him.

My father has still been calling me constantly but I just wasn't ready to hear anything he had to say. 

I had been burring myself in work to keep my mind off of things. 

I was a very successful Psychologist and I was well known. I would get all kind of business from the rich and famous who were having problems and wanted to keep their visits on the low. 

I was preparing myself for my client who was coming in the next thirty minutes. 

Her name was Mindy and she had the worse case of OCD I had ever seen. She would even come into my office and change things around to make her feel comfortable. I would let her do so but I always changed it back once she left. 

My phone vibrated indicating I had a text message. I sighed, so sure it was just my father once again but I was wrong. 

We need to talk- Jermaine

My heart jumped a little when I saw it was from Jermaine. I sent him a text back saying sure, when and where.

He quickly replied back. 

At your house tonight around 6. I will bring Chinese. - Jermaine

I smiled texting him back, ok. Ready for my work day to end. 

Was it wrong that I was so excited to see him?

Five o'clock didn't come quick enough. I had never been so ready to go home in my life.