Chapter - 6: Temporary Substitute

The atmosphere was quiet with only the passing wind grazing the leaves within the bamboos causing them to brush against each other. It wasn't particularly hot but it didn't seem too cloudy too. Just enough clouds that it shielded them from the heat but not enough to hide the nice blue sky. 

Reisen was sitting cross-legged with her eyes closed in an open space within the mansion, soaking in the quiet surroundings of the mansion. Her usually stiff bunny ears were floppy, drooping over her face. She breathed in the fresh air through her nose, exhaling slowly. 

The moon rabbit had taken up meditation for quite some time from a suggestion that her half-phantom half-human friend gave to her. With all of the shenanigans that are constantly happening within her life, taking some time for introspection gave her the peace and calm from all of the excitement. 

The occasional chirping of the birds made her relax and with the atmosphere being just right within the garden, a natural smile crept onto her round and adorable bunny face. Her sensitive rabbit ears picked up the soft crunching of the grass nearby but didn't think too much of it or rather, she was too into her meditation. 

Tewi was quietly sneaking up towards Reisen with a black pen marker in her hand, her snickers hidden behind her wide grin. With the cap already taken off, she carefully began her mischievous prank. She gently brushed the tip against the moon rabbit's face, Reisen barely reacting at all. Like she was pseudo-sleeping or something.

But soon, she showed some form of reaction to Tewi's drawing when her smile flattened. Immediately, the hand placed on her thighs grabbed the earth rabbit's wrist as her red eyes opened into a glare.

"Tewi." She groaned, obviously annoyed. 

"Reisen." The petite bunny simply responded.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked, her red eyes flickering rapidly. Tewi didn't look into it, knowing that she'll be trapped in illusions induced by insanity and continued to smile.

"Aww, c'mon, Reisen! There's no ink in the marker. I'm just screwing with you." She bent her hand over just enough that the tip of the marker grazed over Reisen's arm. No black smudge was left. "See?"

"Oh, I see..." She nodded, feigning a smile and a cheerful attitude.

"Yeah!"

"So there's nothing my face right?"

"Definitely!"

"Ahahahaha!" 

"Hahahahahaha!"

Their laughter died down rather quickly as Reisen's unconvincing smile remained on her face. Tewi still had her gaze cast aside from the moon rabbit's red eyes, her wrist starting to ache as the Lunarian had her in an iron grip. In a petty attempt to escape, she called a name.

"Hey, look! It's Eirin!" 

"You're not getting away Tewi until you hand over the other marker you have behind your back." Reisen pointed out, her eyes glinting with impatience.

"No, I'm serious! She's right over there calling you right now!" 

"Like I believe you, you little--"

"Udonge!" 

Reisen flinched at the firm and loud voice of her master calling her. "Eh?" 

In her trance, her grasp over Tewi's wrist softens, allowing the mischievous rodent to break free and run away somewhere within the mansion. 

"Byeeeeeee~!"

"Wha-- Damn it, Tewi!" 

She sighed deeply, her soft hands on the patches of grass. As she was cursing the lucky rabbit inside her head, she could hear her Master's voice once again approaching.