92

Christmas was spent mostly in the study

Christmas was spent mostly in the study. The adults talked, besides Eleanor who was particularly quiet as she watched the kids open up their gifts in amusement.

Sirius sat next to her on the small sofa couch with an arm draped behind her while he had been in a deep conversation with either Remus, Arthur, perhaps even Seria who chipped in on whatever conversation they had going on.

Eleanor wouldn't have known, she wasn't paying much attention.

It seemed that Sirius had forgotten abouts their fight. That or he was really good at ignoring the fact that it happened.

Her attention wasn't brought into the conversation until Sirius announced their wedding.

"A wedding in June?!" Molly had exclaimed with a smile, "How lovely!"

Eleanor's head snapped their direction.

It seemed to have caught the attention from everyone else in the room.

Especially Harry who wore a big smile on his face.

"They've been engaged?" Fred pointed out quietly.

Seria cleared her throat from the tea she was drinking, "I thought you were holding off?" The blonde woman asked more towards Eleanor. Seria remembered the letter Eleanor had sent earlier in the year explaining her postponed engagement with Sirius.

Sirius let out a small chuckle before turning his attention to the brunette woman beside him, "Well, we made our final decision last night and figured it's the best of time if any. Isn't that right, dear?"

Eleanor gave her fiancée a soft smile, "Mhmm." She nodded in agreement, but on the inside all she could think about was how anxious she was. Of course she loved Sirius and she would do anything to make him happy...

His smile grew as he tightened his grip on her hand and placed a kiss on the side of her head.

Harry stared between the two of them. Sirius had never worn a smile so big as he talked about the wedding arrangements they had in mind. He pictured that this is how Sirius was before he was sent to Azkaban— a cheerful man in love. Harry's eyes glanced to Eleanor, suddenly the boy started to realize the smile that was once worn her her face seemed to have disappeared as she dozed off once again.

Harry frowned to this.

"It just doesn't make sense, they are finally getting their lives back to the way it was before and she seems so unhappy." Harry frowned as he walked off the train with his trunk in hand.

His eyes scanned the castle that stood in his view. Back to school meant more time with Umbridge. He grunted slightly at the thought of it.

Hermione and Ron followed behind.

"Maybe it's not that simple Harry." Hermione stated after she listened to what Harry had told her during their train ride back to Hogwarts. "She's probably just nervous. A lot of brides get cold feet before their wedding."