56: angel

Jeongguk held Taehyung in his arms as he sat on the throne. Looking at the angel. He could hear his heartbeat.

He looked at him worried. It's been awhile since he passed out. He hoped not to have to wait again.

"wake up love" He said softly and brushed a lock of hair out out of the angels face.

"he isn't going to" a voice said. Jeongguk looked up to see Hoseok stand there again.

"why is that?" he asked.

"because his duty is done. What he was made for is done. I never gave him a task to do after this, so he will just...Shut down. If i may say it like that" hoseok said walking closer. He stepped up the stairs now standing in front of the two on the throne.

"but cant you wake him up?" jeongguk asked a bit worried what the answer will be.

"i can, that's why i am here"

"then what are you waiting for?!"

"if i do he will have to chose his own purpose. His own life. He can decide to be reborn as the angel he always wanted to be. Or not...It's all up to him. Whatever he wants i will give" hoseok said.

"oh..I see" Jeongguk said and looked at the angel's face. He knew that taehyung will chose what is right.

He just hoped that he will chose jeongguk.

But even if he didnt jeongguk will accept his choice. Taehyung will always have a spot in the devil's heart.

"want me to wake him?" hoseok asked.

"yes"

Hoseok nodded and placed his hand on Taehyung's forehead. He closed his eyes for a few seconds.

Jeongguk wondered what the heck hoseok was even doing but he didnt question it.

"there, his second life" hoseok said and stepped back. The two looked how taehyung moved and his eyes fluttered open. His face filled with confusion.

"wait...What happend?" he asked sitting up. He placed a hand on his head. "my head hurts.."

"it doesn't matter what happend, just know it is alright now" jeongguk said.

"hm, h-hoseok?!" taehyung said surprised. He vaguely remembered that face.

"hello Taehyung" the spirit greeted back with a smile.

"what's happening, why is he here?" the angel asked Jeongguk.

"you have to decide your future taehyung" hoseok said.

"future? why, what is this?"

"you have fulfilled your purpose, you will die if i don't give you a new one. Which i will grant you the chance to decide yourself."

"my future...." taehyung said looking down and thinking.

"you can get anything you want...Wings...A new life. Reborn as your dream angel. Even a human...Whatever you wish"

"i...." taehyung thought. He always wanted to have big mighty wings. To be able to fly. To have magic and protect humans.

He really wants that.

-

"seokjin?!" chungho said shocked standing up from the throne. Seeing the angel walk in with the high angels following him.

"hello chungho" jin said crossing his arms.

"what is the meaning of this?" the king frowned.

"i am here to claim my throne." Jin said.

"you can't just to that. You know what your father said"

"he said that when the time is right i can step up to the throne" jin said and walked closer.

"yes, so walk away. It's not the time"

"damn it is time. Im grown up and ready. You don't deserve the crown nor the throne. You ruined heaven!" jin said angry.

"i made it better and stronger"

"by killing our own kind? by betraying friendship?"

"yes" chungho glared.

"step down right now" jin said. The angels behind him walked closer they were on Jin's side.

"i am your king i order you to throw out seokjin!" chungho said to the angels. But they didn't listen.

"take away Chungho and announce he stepped down. They will meet the new rightful king of heaven...Me" Jin said and watched how the angels pulled Chungho out of the hall.

-

"what is your choice Taehyung" Hoseok said.

"i..."

"do what you want Taehyung. I will stand behind your choice" jeongguk said kindly. It warmed taehyung's heart.

Taehyung had to think about his life in heaven. About Jin and Namjoon. He wished to spend more time with them, to be there again.

If he will be reborn he can live with them. Or he can just walk to heaven, his sins will be forgotten. He will be pure again. He will be a good angel.

"now is the time Taehyung" Hoseok said.

"i chose....." taehyung took a breath and looked straight into Hoseok's eyes. He knew what to do. And he was sure of it.

"jeongguk"

"you chose him? Are you sure?" hoseok said.

"yes, i love him and want to be with him." taehyung said and held Jeongguk's hand. The now official devil smiled at the angel that chose him.

And this time he did not manipulate the angels choice. This was all taehyung.

"then i will break you from our bond and you are free to live here your new life."

"but, i have one more wish" taehyung said. Remembering how badly he wanted to fly.

Hoseok lifted a brow. Then he nodded with a smile. "ah Taehyung, i know what you want. Don't worry"

"will you"

"

You will see" hoseok chuckled then looked around. "i will take my leave now. May this be the last time, this place is way to dark for my skin"

"bye hoseok" taehyung said. Hoseok bowed slightly then disappeared.

Taehyung felt a warm tingling feeling wash over him. He shivered a bit before he felt normal again.

He felt free, he felt himself.

"thank you" jeongguk said.

"huh?"

"for choosing me"

"of course i will, i love you. You are my cute ggukie"

"stop, i am not cute" jeongguk said resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

"hm whatever, now i want a kiss" taehyung said and jeongguk immediately looked up. He pulled taehyung closer and kissed him.

---

So things are cleaned and settled. Now the last few chapters of this story will start.
Its so close to ending :,)

See u at the next chapter!