Facing the truth

Night arrives after being chased by monkeys, Mowgli is sleeping by a tree. Y/n was sleeping for a little bit till she realized that she hasn't gone back to Shere Khan like she said she would.

She thinks to herself, Oh no me must be worried sick! I'm gonna get in trouble for sure, she quietly gets up and over heard Baloo and Bagheera talking, "Baloo...the man cub must go back to the man village. The jungle is not the place for him."

"I grew up in the jungle. Take a look at me." Bagheera scoofs, "Yes, just look at yourself. Look at that eye." Y/n didn't noticed Baloo's black eye and felt very bad that he got hurt trying to save them.

"Baloo, you can't adopt Mowgli as your son." Baloo gets a little upset, "Why not?" Bagheer quietly sighs, "H-H-How can I put it? It... Baloo...birds of a feather should flock together. You wouldn't marry a panther, would you?"

"I don't know. Come to think of it, no panther ever asked me.", said Baloo as he shrugged his shoulders. Bagheera shakes his head, "No. Baloo, you-you've got to be serious about this."

Baloo shrugs, "Oh, stop woryin', Baghee. Stop woryin'. I'll take care of him." They then argued, "Yes. Like you did when the monkeys kidnapped him, huh?"

"Can't a guy make one mistake?" Y/n turns away and quietly sighed, "Sooner or later, Mowgli
will meet Shere Khan." She flinched with worry, Baloo questioned, "The tiger? What's he got against the kid?"

"He hates man with a vengeance. You know that. Because he fears man's gun and man's fire." Y/n slowly shakes her head, thats not true....I was raised by him....he wouldn't....,"But little Mowgli don't have those things."

"Shere Khan won't wait until he does. He'll get Mowgli while he's young and helpless. Just one swipe and...", She covered her mouth in fear and her eyes begin to water, "What about Y/n? Don't tell me he knows about her." asked Baloo.

"Yes, in fact King Louie said that Shere Khan has a man cub and it is Y/n. He raised her Baloo, we have to take her back to the village with Mowgli." Baloo shakes his head in disbelief, "That can't be it, Y/n is the most sweet and wonderful cub we know."

"I know, that's why we must make sure they are both safe. I don't want Mowgli to know that he's friends with his enemy's cub. Besides we need Mowgli to get out of the jungle right away." Y/n's tears start falling, she looks at Mowgli sleeping.

Y/n softly blushed, she kissed him on the head and softly whispered, "I'm sorry" she ran off into the night looking for Shere Khan. She thinks to herself, I don't want to believe all of this, Shere Khan isn't like that.....is he....

She looks around noticed ruffling on the bushes, she stood still and Shere Khan came out, "Y/n." He heads towards her, "I was so worried, when I heard you screaming from the trees I knew something would happen."

He hugs her, rubbing his head next to her shoulders, "I had a feeling the monkeys were going to do something to you, but when I went to the ancient ruins the whole place was destroyed and I thought I'd lost you."

He kept her close and was relieved that she was ok, Y/n looks down, What do I do now since I know what he wants to hurt Mowgli. Maybe I shouldn't say anything......

He looks at her, "Is something wrong my dear?" She lifts her head up, "Huh? Oh..no nothing is wrong." He carries her on his back, "Let's go back to rest"

"Ok..." as her tears began to fall, he takes her back to where they were staying. It was a small cave that only Shere Khan and Y/n can fit in, he lays down and she gets off of him.

"I don't want you to go out by yourself anymore, I want you to stay by me ok." She lays down not looking at him, "Ok.." he puts his paw under her head as a pillow.

"Good night Y/n." She softly sighs, "Good night..." he falls asleep while Y/n was tearing up and couldn't sleep at all.

{With Baloo and Bagheera}

"Well, what are we gonna do?" Baloo asks, "We'll do what's best for the boy." Baloo nods, "You better believe it. You name it, and I'll do it." Bagheera looks at him, "Good. Then make Mowgli go to the man-village."

"Are you out of your mind? I promised him he could stay here in the jungle with me." Bagheera sighs, "That's just the point. As long as he remains with you, he's in danger. So it's up to you." Baloo is in disbelief, "Why me?"

"Because he won't listen to me." Baloo looks at Mowgli, "I love that kid. I love him like he was my own cub." Bagheera looks down, "Then think of what's best for Mowgli and not yourself."

"Well, can't I wait until morning?" Bagheera looks up, "It's morning now. Go on, Baloo." Baloo sighs, "Oh, boy." He goes up to him, "Mowgli. Mowgli. It's time to get up."

Mowgli rubs his eyes, "Hi, Baloo." Baloo softly smiles, "Hey, rub that ol' sleep outta your eyes. You and me, we got a long walk ahead of us." Mowgli gets up, "Swell. Gee, we'll have lots of fun together."

"Sure. Yeah. Yeah. All right, let's hit the trail, kid." He turns to Bagheera, "See ya around,.....Bagheera." Mowgli follows Baloo, "Well, goodbye, Bagheera. Me and Baloo, we've got things to do."