A battle to remember

He clapped his paws, "Bravo, bravo. An extraordinary performance. And thank you for detaining my victim." as he walking slowly towards them. One of the vultures gulps in fear, "Uh, do-don't mention it, Your Highness."

"Boo." It made all of the vultures fly to a tree, "Let's get out of here. Give me room! Gangway!" They all look at Mowgli, "Run, friend! Run!"

Mowgli crosses his arms, "Run? Why should I run?" Shere Khan looks at him, "Why should you run? Could it be possible that you don't know who I am?" Mowgli looks at him, "I know you, all right. You're Shere Khan."

"Precisely. Then you should also know...that everyone runs from Shere Khan." Mowgli shakes his head, "You don't scare me. I won't run from anyone."

"Ah. You have spirit for one so small. And such spirit is deserving of a sporting chance. Now, I'm going to close my eyes and count to ten. It makes the chase more interesting...for me."

Shere Khan turns around to start counting, "One, two...three...four..." as he counts Mowgli grabs a stick to defend himself. Shere Khan peaks, "You're tying my patience. Five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!"

Shere Khan then pounced on Mowgli but missed from Baloo holding on to Shere Khan's tail, "Run, Mowgli. Run!", he shouted. "Let go, you big oaf."

Shere Khan tried to scratch Baloo but Baloo runs around with the tail in his hand, "Take it easy. Take it...Whoo! Ho-Hold it, hold it. Whoa. Slow down. Ooh!"

Shere Khan tries to fight and misses, "Yow! Whoa! Slow! Easy now. Ooh. Oh, boy. Easy." The vultures said, "He's got a tiger by the tail, he has. And he'd better hang on too." Mowgli runs up to Shere Khan's face and hit him with the stick causing him to be chased, "Take that, ya big bully."

The vultures cheered, " Let him have it again, kid. Hit him again, kid. Go on!" Mowgli shouts, "Baloo! Help me!" Baloo says, "Somebody do somethin' with that kid." Then The vultures decided to help, "Come on, lads."

They grabbed Mowgli and flew to a safer place, "He's safe now. You can let go, Baloo." Baloo shakes his head"Are you kiddin'? There's teeth in the other end."

That's when he gets stuck causing them to fling themselves backwards

jumped out and threw a rock at Shere Khan shouting, "Leave them alone!" Shere Khan turns around, "Mowgli is my friend and I will not let you kill him!" Shere Khan then swipes at Baloo making him let go of the tail.

"I'll kill you for this." he was about to strike on Baloo Y/n quickly jumps forward causing her to get hit by Shere Khan's sharp claws. Shere Khan looks at her in shock, "Y/n?! What are you doing!"

She gets up and sees the scratch mark on her sides, the blood starts to stream down, "I won't...let you hurt him....or any of my friends." Shere Khan gets angry, "What is the meaning of this."

She grunts in pain, "You....we're going to kill him....how could you." She tried to walk towards him, but gets on her knees from the pain, Shere Khan looks at Baloo, "You should've kept him away from her.

He then attacks Baloo, "No!" Y/n shouted. Mowgli turns to see, "Let go! Baloo needs help!" A lightening hit a tree setting it on fire, the vultures have an idea, "Fire! That's the only thing old Stripes is afraid of."

"You get the fire. We'll do the rest." so Mowgli quickly grabs a stick with fire so the vultures could create a distraction, "Charge!" They shouted, "You there, punch and blow." Shere Khan is filled with anger, "Stay out of this, you mangy fools."

The vultures teased, "Yeah, yeah. Missed me a mile, he did." Mowgli quickly heads towards Shere Khan, "Yeah! Yeah! Pull his blinkin' whiskers. "He's a bloomin' pussycat, he is." while they distracted Shere Khan, Mowgli then ties the branch to the tiger's tail.

"Look behind you, chum." Shere Kahn turns around and sees fire on his tail, he ran as fast as he can away from Mowgli and the gang. Y/n gets up and watches Shere Khan run away, she sighs and goes to Baloo.

The vultures said, "Well, that's the last of him. Old Stripes took off like a flaming comet, he did. Well, come on. Let's go congratulate our friend." One of them looks sad, "Hold it, fellas. Now's not the time for it. Look."

They saw Mowgli and Y/n walking close to Baloo's body with many wounds and isn't moving, "Baloo? Baloo, get up. Baloo, get up. Oh, please get up." Y/n tears up, Bagheera walks towards them,"Mowgli, try to understand."

Mowgli looks at him, "Bagheera, what's the matter with her?" He sighs, "You've got to be brave, like Baloo was." Y/n looks down at Baloo, "You... You don't mean...Oh, no. Baloo."

Bagheera stands between them, "Now, now. I know how you both feel. But you must remember, Mowgli...Y/n... greater love hath no one...than he who lays down his life for his friend. When great deeds are remembered in this jungle...one name will stand above all others...our friend, Baloo the bear."

Y/n wipes her tears, he continues, "The memory of Baloo's...sacrifice and bravery...will forever be engraved on our saddened hearts." She softly sighs, "Beautiful." Bagheera looks up, "This spot where Baloo fell...will always be a hallowed place in the jungle...for there lies one of nature's...noblest creatures."

He then turns away as the two stand by Bagheera, "It's best we leave now. Come along, man cubs." Before they could walk away, "Hey, don't stop now, Baggy. You're doin' great! There's more. Lots more!"