12

"Yeah no shit you're late

"Yeah no shit you're late." Yangyang comes out of no where. I nearly scream, unaware of his presence. "When- on earth, did you get here?" I ask. "Wow. I'm offended." Yangyang says.

"As you should." Yuka scoffs. "Chile, anyways." She turns to the counter. "I'll get towels." She says, running off.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, as he sat on a chair. "I'm fine." He mumbles. "What took you so long?" Felix asks. "I was getting my things, and I- his parents came earlier than expected." He says.

"You're freezing, Jongho." Yuka comes back with towels. "I know." He says. "You guys shouldn't even be helping me." He utters. "And what? Let us live knowing one of our friends aren't safe in a home with walls nor roof? Jongho, we care for you." I exclaim, huffing. "We- are your family."

Jongho looks up. "I forgot what the meaning of family was years ago." He scoffs. "Well maybe if you stop being stubborn and accept this help we're giving you, you'll understand the meaning again." Jaemin says.

Authors POV

"Have you eaten?" Haechan asks. "I'm okay, I'm not hungry." Jongho says. "Well my Mom won't allow you to go to bed without having a proper meal." Felix pats his back.

Jongho remains silent. "You guys don't even know me," He mumbles. "I'm not one to talk seriously, but man, the shit you've been through is something we will help remove from your memory." Renjun tells him, reassuringly.

"He's right." Sunwoo says. "We will make you that happy guy Eric and I saw in middle school." He says. The rest furrow their eyebrows. "Middle school?" Jeno asks.

"Yeah, he was our classmate." Eric says. "We never got to properly know him, but he was a bright guy." Eric smiles at Jongho. Jongho looks down. "That guy is gone. That's the past." He states.

"Past or not." Yuka nearly yells. "Do you think you deserve this?" She says. "If I don't, why did my parents leave me? Why did the people I put first- leave me? If I put you guys first, you'll end up leaving too. You're all probably just like them." He expresses.

Minyoung looks down before she gets up from her chair and walks off. "I'm going to the washroom." She mutters.

Minyoung instead goes to the employees room and sits on the couch. She begins to cry, feeling like the walls would squeeze her into bits in any second. The door soon opens, and she flinches, looking away.

"Minyoung?" The voice calls for her. "Go away, Jaemin." She whispers. "Are you crying?" He asks. "You're not suppose to be here." She says.

She feels the couch shift and an arm grab hers softly, turning her to face them. She gasps. "Hey." he says. "No." Minyoung looks away. "Look at me." He grabs her chin softly, facing her face to himself.

"What's wrong?" He asks. "Jaemin, What is this?" She chuckles humourlessly. "After all the shit we went through just a while of knowing each other, you're suddenly like a completely different person in front of me?" She asks.