30: What comes first

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

"What about this one?"

Haeyoung asked the other 3 girls, raising in the air, so that everyone could see, the beige overalls she was holding. Suyun nodded her head at her excitedly which made Haeyoung smile brightly.

They all had been shopping for baby clothes for a while. Not that many words had been spoken between each other as they shopped. Not that Hani minded. She loved the silence, after all. Her mind had been so loud, her heart too, the past few days; the silence was something utterly sweet and precious that she had learned to appreciate.

The girl was looking at some colorful baby socks when she felt a new presence standing next to her. Recognizing the familiar sigh, she softly smiled but still continued on looking through the clothes calmly. Her and Daeun were quiet for a few minutes, each focused on their own task, until one of them started to speak.

"I can't believe Lina is a mom now. I still remember the first time I was introduced to her"

Daeun giggled as she recalled her and Lina's first meeting. The conversation had spiked Hani's curiosity. The bond that the boys and the girls shared was something she found really special. She couldn't help but wonder what had started it or how they had all found each other. Enthusiastically, she eagerly hoped to one day be able to fully understand how their paths had all converged.

"How was she like?"

Hani asked amusedly while she paid for the socks; Daeun giggled gently and throwing a mischievous glance at her, she allowed herself to go down memory lane.

"Bright, talkative, cheerful. The same as she has always been." The girl smiled at Daeun; just ahead of them, Suyun and Haeyong happily talked with one another. "This makes me really emotional... I'm seeing this family grow day by day... it's insane"

At the mention of the word family, Hani felt her heart melt in a warm embrace. Daeun's eyes glowed at her, letting her know that she included her as well, in that group of theirs, which she saw as family. It made Hani feel welcomed, wanted, loved. It's not that they had mistreated her before, or pushed her away; Hani had just always felt that she was an extra, a sort of unwanted addiction. Yet, hearing the girl say such words so confidently and happily, sounded to Hani's ears, like a confirmation that she had desperately been needing to hear.

"I mean, I've only been here for a few months and I already feel so attached to everyone... I can't even imagine how you feel"

The words slipped from Hani's mouth; tenderly, Daeun looked at her and chuckling softly, she nudged the girl's elbow with her own.

"I was the first of the girls so, I was here for the arrival of the rest. To be honest, I saw this pack growing." Daeun smiled to herself as if she was recalling those distant memories. "When I first met Jin, I only knew Jungkook and Namjoon. Only a few years after, did Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, Hae, Lina and Suyun came along. "

Daeun scanned the scenery surrounding them while her and Hani walked side by side. Her eyes twinkled and shone, as she watched all the people interact, the pack move and grown right in front of her eyes. Hani wondered if she was admiring how far the pack had come, since the day she and Jin had met; or if she was thinking about how fast time had passed, how much had changed in so little time. Hani wanted to ask her more about the pack's beginnings: how did she meet Jin and Jungkook, how did the rest of the boys cross paths with them. However, before she could, Daeun was already changing the subject, skillfully.