Chapter 31

Anzor glanced at the clock on the wall of his study. He had set the arranged time with Cannenta three hours ahead of the actual meeting time, because he knew of his older cousin's terrible habit. Getting up from his seat from behind his desk, the Archduke exited the room.

He needed to know more about Ashnah's situation with her being able to go outside the Estate, her damaged gene and more about the magical beast's blood that flowed through her veins.

After knowing that the sudden shifts of environments with mana higher mana levels than the next had brought down Ashnah's illness, he had a barrier set around the entire estate that meticulously controlled how much natural mana entered the area. That it would not be too much or too little for Ashnah's body to slowly get used to living in the highly mana concentrated capital. She could have only gone out once because of this for a very short period of time to Adnah's Cemetery. And Adnah's Cemetery was not too far from the Estate.

Then there was Ashnah's damaged gene. In this world, not being able to utilize a magical element, one would be considered a waste, trash or useless. As long as one could use main magic no matter how weak it was, if one did not unlock his/her side magic it did not matter. Being able to use main magic was practically essential to survive in society. It was considered as 'everything' as dictated by the world.

Even though he possessed the power to shut people's mouths, that still would not prevent them from secretly gossiping. Then those gossips may somehow reach Ashnah's ears no matter how much he would try to keep them away from her. Someone's negative words could be one's destruction even if it is not instantly. He did not want Ashnah to be hurt, suffer or ever think lowly of herself just because of her not being able to use main magic.

He needed to find out truly if there was nothing that could be done and if that was so, he would find a way that would hurt her less. A person possessing no main magic especially a noble was not something one could hide forever, even though he wished for it to be.

There were also the unknown elements of not even a normal magical beast's blood but the First Magical Beast King that was known to only exist in fairytales blood flowed through her. About how it would and would not effect her, they did not completely know. Ellen being highly knowledgeable in animals and magical beasts had studied the parts of Ashnah blood and genes that she had considered that Ashnah had inherited from the magical beast, cells from her umbilical and whatever she could of Ashnah that did not hurt her.

She wanted and required an expert opinion from someone who dealt with humans to help conclude about how First Magical Beast King's blood effected Ashnah as a human, even though she had already some thoughts of her own. They had instantly agreed that they could not just allow just any regular human physician to work her on the topic of Ashnah having magical beast's blood. Cannenta in the capital had been considered to be one step away from being titled a doctor who had been given the healing hands from Brahma. And she was someone who they could entirely trust.

Ray had no comments because a magical beast willingly sharing half or more than half of his/her blood with a human before could not be compared to the First King of Magical Beasts. Even the act of a magical beast sharing his/her blood with a human was highly rare, that there were not even documentations on the subject even within Behemoth Kingdom. Plus he had done it when Ashnah had still been developing in the womb.

Out in the corridor, he sensed her mana signature. He sensed three mana signatures within the lounge room: Ellen's, Ashnah's and Cannenta's.

A bad feeling rolled over him. Nothing good ever happened when Ellen and Cannenta were in the same room, even with him being there.

Heading for and reaching the lounge room, he opened the doors. He saw Ellen enjoying tea while Cannenta had Ashnah sitting on her lap playfully pulling her cheek as the two happily chatted.

'Okay it seems like nothing has happened.' Then his brain just registered where his daughter was. 'Ash.... sitting on Cousin Nenta's lap.'

"Oh Anzie, you finally realized I was here." Cannenta's line of perception moved from off Ashnah to her little cousin.

'Ash..... on Cousin Nenta's lap.'

Seeing that he didn't respond, she followed his line of sight to Ashnah on her lap. A cheshire like smile formed on her face. She embraced Ashnah. "Oh, could Anzie be jelly?~"

An irked mark instantly appeared on Anzor's temple. He appeared in front of Cannenta practically at the speed of light, then lifting Ashnah out of Cannenta's embrace and from her lap in half a millisecond.

Ashnah did not even know what had happened, but she found herself being lifted by her father. 'He's fast.'

"Do that to your own daughter!"

"I didn't give birth to one! What's the matter with me doing that to a relative?!"

"You have a whole niece!"

Cannenta ignored him then casually turned to Ellen ever so gently tilting up her chin. Her voice was sultry and charming. "Would you do me the honors in divorcing your husband and marrying me?"

The entire atmosphere changed.

'.....What.... is going on?' Ashnah thought from Anzor's arms.

"Oh my, I knew you were going to ask me but never in front of him." She sent a stink eye to Anzor looking him up and down at the end of her statement. Then she smiled sweetly to Cannenta. "I hope you don't mind but I already have the wedding date set."

"Don't talk flirtatiously to my wife like that!!And Ellie why are you following along?!!!"

"I am sorry, but come on Anzor. You know things weren't working out."

Cannenta sighed. "Don't mind him Doll-face. He was always like this as a kid, trying to fix things that were beyond repair."

"I thought I was the only one who noticed."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
To those who may have received a notification of this chapter being published before, it was. I accidentally published it while trying to save it. Oh dropping current ages:
Ashnah: 7

Kalila: 7

Ellen: 23

Anzor: 26

Tazanna: 27

Benjamin: 21

Iduna: 22

Cannenta: 31

George: 23