3

Maya's POV

"Are you sure that's the only room left?" Josh asked the hotel reception worker.

"I'm afraid so, we're fully booked with the conventions going on in the city at the moment." He explained. The only room in the hotel that was left was one with only one bed.

"What do you think?" Josh asked me.

"Look, it's late, I'm tired, I honesty don't care, I just wanna lie down." I said honestly. Sharing a bed with Josh wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

"Okay, we'll take it." Josh scanned his bank card as he insisted on paying for the room, then he filled out all the paperwork and got handed the key card. We got in the elevator and walked through the hallways until we finally came across our room.

"Ah." I signed as I hopped onto the bed and lay down.

"Hey, I'm gonna change into my sweat pants in the bathroom, I'll leave you to get changed or do whatever in here. Tell me when it's safe to come through." I chucked lightly at his use of the word 'safe'.

I got my pyjamas from my bag which consisted of shorts and a baggy tee. I quickly got changed then told Josh to come back through and he was shirtless with grey sweatpants on.

"I only have a one shirt with me and I'm gonna need it for tomorrow so don't wanna sleep in it, but I will put it on if you want me to."

"No, Josh, it's fine, honestly. I'm going to brush my teeth." I quickly went and did so and came back to the room to see him with 2 of the pillows on the floor and the throw in his hands.

"What are you doing?"

"I thought I'd sleep on the floor 'cause-"

"Josh." I interrupted him. "We can share a bad, it's okay. There's nothing bad about that. It's not like we're doing anything wrong. Relax yourself a bit." I smiled.

"Okay, but we're not telling anyone. Shawn and Cory would not be happy at all." He joked.

"No they would not." I chucked. I got into the bed and pulled the covers up over me and lay facing him as he put the pillows back onto his side of the bed and the throw along the bottom.

I lay with one hand under the pillow by my head and the other resting on top of the pillow a couple inches in front of my face.

Josh got in the bed and lay much similar to me.

"You okay?" He asked me seriously. I shrugged. He put his free hand over mine and held onto it. Tight. "Get some sleep, okay?" I nodded.

"Night boing." I said and closed my eyes trying my best to fall asleep.

"Night gorgeous." He whispered under his breath and fell sleep. Something about having Josh here made me feel a lot calmer about whatever the hell this was that life deiced to throw at me.