CHAPTER | 03 | THE PROPOSAL

Dubai, PRESENT DAY (2017)

Around five o'clock in the evening, two lovely couples, were sitting at their usual window table in an exquisite restaurant Teatro, celebrating their two years anniversary.

They made a pact to always travel to a new country to celebrate their anniversary, no matter how busy they were, to which Mide planned, flying his girlfriend out to Dubai for the occasion.

Though the waiter already served their order, but at this moment, they were having dessert, so the waiter brought three different cakes to their table: chocolate cake, carrot cake and vanilla cake with a bottle of champagne.

But, Mide decided to eat his girlfriend's sticky chocolate cake before digging into his carrot cake, just like the way old married couples usually do.

Mide could never forget the day he meet her, the day the both of them mistakenly swapped cell phones at the airport. Boy! that was an incident he could never forget. A story he couldn't wait to tell his unborn children. The day he meet the love of his life. Annika Twala.

He was going out through the entrance door, when he bumped into a caramel skin lady, they hit each other so hard, that their phones fell.

Mide could not forget how Annika looked that day, she was on a low cut but her hair was dyed blonde, she wore YSL dark shades, a statement t-shirt, on a ripped jeans with Yeezy sneakers.

She was thick, Mide could never forget how Annika snapped at him for not watching were he was going.

He shouldn't have shouted back at her, because she too was at fault, but then Mide was grateful she bumped into him, hadn't if that situation didn't happen, he wouldn't have meet his soul mate, his bae.

After he apologized to her, already crushing on her beauty, unknown to him he mistakenly picked up her phone, giving it back to her, not knowing he gave his own iPhone to Annika.

To cut the story short, the phone swap lasted for three weeks and from there one thing led to another and they started dating.

Annika is working class lady, a youtuber, vlogger, digital creator, content creator, brand ambassador and a successful entrepreneur.

One could tell Mide is madly in love with her because she is a beautiful, sharp, intelligent, smart, hardworking and well cultured. Not to mention her sexy south african accent that drove him wild.

He is always eager to watch her videos on YouTube. They made him happy, giving him insights of who she really is, most especially her likes and dislikes.

Annika exudes confidence, more reason why Mide adores her. Her confidence says it all. And here they were celebrating their two years anniversary.

Nevertheless, Mide knew it was time she knew who he was, where he came from, his family and most of all his identity.

"Yes!, This cake taste so nice." Mide said in his british accent, digging into the chocolate cake, taking a bite.

"You know what babe, today is our anniversary, so you can order your own cake and stop eating mine." Annika said, but Mide continues to dig into the pudding.

"I don't think that's necessary, since yours are always tasty, just like you." Mide winked, biting his lip,and then takes a huge bite again.

"You're naughty....... But you always say that, and then you end up eating all my dessert."

"I don't know what you're talking about?, Cause I have, like, a tiny bit." Mide said with a mouth full.

"Oh really huh. Okay." Chuckling, Annika signaled the waiter. "Can we have one more of these chocolate cake, please. Thank you."