Chapter 45: August's POV*

There was a howl in the night when I exited the packhouse.

Our mate is calling for us. Winston stirred in me. Let me take us to our mate. The hairs on the back of my neck rose from the sound.

I shifted into my wolf form, my clothes shredded, the pieces littering on the packhouse's parking lot. Winston navigated us in the direction of the howl. Another howl pierced through the night, stopping us in our tracks, Winston sat on our hind legs, lifting his head up before howling in response to the mating call. The sound was like a Siren calling out to the ships that passed them by on the seas, almost putting us in a trance.

Winston continued on the path to our mate, it was as if there was a bungee cord pulling us in the direction of our mate. Weaving through the thick forest, cutting through to get to our mate quicker. Hearing the howl once more, getting close to where our mate was. We responded once more while running in the direction, excitement bubbling in our stomach. I couldn't wait to be united with my mate.

We burst into the backyard of the Alpha's house, yipping in happiness. Dimitri sat in the center of the yard, his head was tilted upwards as if he were going to let out another howl, we let out a playful growl pouncing on him, knocking him over into the grass. His overwhelming musk of whiskey and oak hit our nostrils harder than it had the day before. Our body tingled for our Alpha.

Mate. Winston yipped happily, digging our muzzle into his neck.

Shift back, little one. Alexandre linked to me, his voice was soft and sweet. I did as he asked, still on top of him, straddling his sides. He shifted, now holding onto my hips, his touch burning my skin with need.

I let out a giggle. "Well, it looks like our wolves weren't wrong." I look down at him with half-lidded eyes.

"I suppose so." He genuinely smiled, rubbing his thumbs in circles. I let out a small enough moan to where only he could hear it. "I Alpha Alexandre Reid accept you, August Hael as my mate and my Luna."

"I August Hael accept you, Alexandre Reid, as my mate and as my Alpha," I said breathlessly. He reached up, cradling my chin in his palm.

"I love you." He sat up, making me fall into his lap.

"I love you," I responded, wrapping my arms around his neck. He placed his lips on mine, and it brought me into a different dimension. It was completely different from any other kiss we had shared, just as much as his touch was.

Our innocent kiss had heated; my body had begun to move on its own, responding upon its instincts. I rolled my hips, grinding down on Alexandre's hard member.

"Oh, whoa, whoa, keep it PG-13." Someone broke the spell on Alexandre and me.

The Alpha growled at whoever interrupted us. I pulled my lips from Alexandre's, turning my head staring at the intruder to our moment. Alexandre's brother, Logan, holding two folded items.

"Oh shut up, dad wants you two in his office, they saw that you guys have acquainted yourselves." He coughed, looking away from the two of us. Holding out the folded items for us to grab.

"Whatever, get out of here, mutt." Alexandre's gruff voice responded, sitting up, adjusting me with him. He snatched the fabric from his brother's hands, shooing Logan away.

"He's in his office," Logan said before walking away from the two of us. I then took in my surroundings, realizing that Alexandre's party had been abandoned by the visitors, only their trash remained as evidence of the party. I looked up at the house's second floor; clearly, his parents were in the office looking down upon us.