Pregnancy

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter! Love y'all! 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya laid the pregnancy test down on the counter and placed her hands on each side leaning her head down and taking deep breaths. She was pregnant. The two positive pregnancy tests lay in front of her on the counter.

Sometimes Pregnancy tests could be wrong, sometimes they could be false positives. She needed to be sure. Josh would be working late for the rest of the week, she could schedule an appointment with her doctor without him knowing and go to find out for sure.

She quickly got rid of the pregnancy tests and made sure that all evidence was taken care of before grabbing her phone and calling her Dr. to make the appointment.

Maya felt her nerves go in all different directions. Josh had been talking about having kids for a while. She couldn't tell him yet, she had to make sure. She didnt want him to get his hopes up only to find out that she wasn't.

Dinner that night was hard for Maya. Josh knew her inside and out. He could tell when there was something that was bothering her or if she was hiding something. So she had to be extremely careful around him, pretend that everything was normal.

Josh watched her with a suspicious look on his face through out the night. But perhaps he had picked up on the face that whatever it was, Maya wasn't ready to talk about it yet. Because he decided to let it go, for now.

A couple of days letter, Maya was walking into her dr. appointment with her stomach in knots. Riley had told her that she would cover for her if anyone (Josh) asked where she had gone. Though Josh was working late, that didnt stop him from sometimes coming home for lunch.

Maya filled out the paperwork that was given to her and waited until her name was called. After a ten minute conversation with her Nurse, they took her blood along with some other tests to have sent off. Maya said her goodbyes and drove back home.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked her that night as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit in his lap after dinner as Maya started clearing off the table. He was still sitting in his chair at the table as Maya wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled.

"Of course I am." She stated. Josh gave her a look that told her that he clearly didnt believe her. Maya smiled at him. "I'm fine, really." She told him.

"Okay," He said, still not convinced. "I'm not going to push you, but when you're ready to talk about it, I'm here." He told her. Maya leaned down and kissed him, distracting him for one more night so she wouldn't crack and tell him.

"What about if you're not pregnant?" Riley asked her on the phone that night. "You have to tell him you went to see the dr."

"I'll just tell him I went for a checkup. He wont know the difference." Maya told her quietly as Josh was in the bathroom getting ready for bed.

"Maya, you cant lie to him." Riley scolded her.

"Riley, he's been wanting a kid ever since we got married. I cant-I wont put him through that. He'll be so disappointed." Maya told her as she risked a glance at the bathroom door and lowered her voice. "You haven't heard the way he talk about it."

"Alright, but I dont think its fair for you to have to deal with the disappointment all on your own." Riley told her. Noise came from the bathroom, and Josh turned the light off ready to come out.

"Yeah, Riles." Maya picked her voice up as Josh came out of the bathroom looking over at her. "I will see you and Lucas at dinner next Saturday." Maya nodded her head in conformation.