chapter thirteen

Harry

It had been 4 days since Emily had read the hate comments about her. 4 days and she'd already pushed all the hate comments out the window.

Not only was she back to being happy and stubborn Emily, she was also playing with my rings a lot. She'd twist them around my fingers whenever she got the chance. I could tell she didn't even realise she was doing it half the time and would just absentmindedly reach for my hand. We would be sitting on the couch and without even thinking about it, she'd grab my hand and play the multiple rings I had on my fingers. It reminded me of how I would twist them whenever I was nervous.

The only other thing on my mind was this secret santa we were doing. I had gotten Molly and I had absolutely no idea what to get her. There was only 3 days left for me to find a present for her and I was at a mental blank. For some damn reason my head was only spinning with ideas of what I could get Emily, and she wasn't even my secret santa. It would have been a hell of a lot easier if I'd gotten her.

I let out a frustrated sigh and called Emily.

"Hello" She answered after the second ring. She sounded happy, happier then usual, and I couldn't stop the smile from tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"Hey Emily" I responded. I was silent for a second or two, smiling at the thought of Emily being happy. Was she happy because I rung her?

"Is there a reason you called Harry" She responded with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah, right. Uh... I was wondering what I should get for Molly" I told her. "Seeing as your her best friend I thought you could give me a clue on something she'd like" I said.

"Get Molly for what? Secret santa?" She asked. 

"Yeah and I have no clue what to get" I replied.

"Well..." Emily started before stopping to think. "She likes candles" She said after a moment or two.

"Candles" I repeated.

"Yeah, and hoodies. She will wear a hoodie to any occasion" Emily chuckled.

"Ok. Candles and hoodies" I responded.

"Yep, candles and hoodies" She repeated. We were both silent for a minute. I could hear muffled talking on the other side of the phone. I didn't recognize their voice and it sounded like a guy. I felt my stomach drop slightly at the though of Emily spending time with another guy. Was that why she answered the phone happier then usual. "Is that all you called for Harry? I'm kinda busy" She asked. She sounded excited and that didn't stop the jealous feeling from erupting inside me. She's kind of busy. So she was with a guy, and by the sounds of it she was enjoying her time.

"Yeah- uh.. yep that's all. Bye" I responded, not waiting for an answer before I hung up. There's no reason for me to get jealous. We're not together. I don't like her. Not that way at least. I thought we were maybe becoming something close to friends, but maybe not.

Emily

I was wandering down the street, desperately looking for a gift for Harry. I only had 3 days left to find him something, and I still had no clue.

My eyes landed on a small music shop across the road. I crossed over and made my way inside. 

It was a cozy sized shop. It had a funny smell to it but it came with a welcoming feeling. There were various different records and albums along the shelves against the wall. My eyes wandered over each and every one before landing on another open space in the shop.

It had multiple guitars hung along the wall. Many different keyboards sitting on there stands. There were ukuleles of different colours, and drum sets in their own corner.

I walked over to the guitar section, letting my hand run across the different ones. A guitar would be perfect for Harry. I let my eyes wander over all the guitars but none of them seemed right. There were multiple acoustic guitars, some black, some brown, some blue. They all had there own feel towards it, but I couldn't see any of them suiting Harry. I couldn't explain why it just... didn't fit.

"Can I help you?" I jumped out of fright and wheeled around to where the voice came from. My eyes met were met with a man who looked a few years older then me. He was tall and had dark brown hair. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you" He chuckled. "I'm Michael. is there anyway I can assist you?" He asked me.

"Uhh... yeah. I was looking for a guitar for my friend, but I can't see any of these guitars suiting him" I told him as I gestured to the guitars behind me.

"Were you thinking acoustic, electr-"

"Acoustic" I said. He hummed in response as he glanced to the guitars behind me.

"We have a few more this way, if you'd like to take a look" He said. He began walking towards where I suppose there would be more guitars. I followed closely behind, my eyes still roaming the shop in case I saw something that grabbed my attention.

Michael took me to another small room where there were more guitars hanging on the wall. I looked over every one of them closely, but still none of them caught my eye.

"If you don't think any of these guitars suit him, you can always try designing one if" Michael told me. I turned around to face him.

"I can design one?" I asked him. My mind instantly began spinning with thoughts of how Harry's guitar could look.

"Yeah" Michael said with a chuckle. 

"When would it be done by" I asked him. I realised I only had 3 days, but this seemed like such a perfect gift.

"3 days at tops" He shrugged.

"Can we do 2?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I reckon we could manage that" Michael said. "Follow me, I'll get you started" He added, and I didn't hesitate to follow straight after him.

As he took me to another room I felt my phone buzzing in my back pocket. I grabbed it out and looked down to see Harry calling me. My mind instantly began picturing the look on Harry's face when I gave him his gift. I hadn't even started and I was already excited.

"Hello" I answered with a smile as Michael walked out of the room.

"Hey Emily" Harry responded. He didn't say anything else for a short moment and I could tell he was thinking about something. 

"Is there a reason you called Harry" I asked, unable to hold back my little laugh.

"Oh yeah, right. Uh... I was wondering what I should get for Molly" He said as Michael came back into the room. He came in holding multiple papers and set them down on the table. "Seeing as your her best friend I thought you could give me a clue on something she'd like" Harry added.

"Get Molly for what? Secret santa?" I asked him.

"Yeah and I have no clue what to get" He replied.

"Well..." I started before going over the possibility of things he could get her. Michael was waiting patiently but I still felt the need to hurry this call up. I desperately wanted to get started.

"Is that all you called for Harry? I'm kinda busy" I asked him after I'd given him a short list of things Molly liked. I glanced down at the papers in front of me. Some had different guitar shapes, others had colours. There were a few blank pieces and some pencils and pens.

"Yeah- uh.. yep that's all. Bye" He responded. Before I could even say bye back Harry had ended the call. I looked down at my phone confusedly. Harry's voice had changed for some reason and I didn't know why. I shrugged it off and slipped my phone into my back pocket again.

"Alright, I'm ready" I said with one clap of my hands. Michael smiled as he began going over the shapes of the guitar.

Another chapter done for you! Also, please remember to vote and comment because it helps the story grow :)