Just a One Time Thing

Liam

"You can come in now." Emilie opened her bedroom door. She had changed into a pair of shorts and an oversized tshirt. Her hair hung down her shoulders, and glasses sat on the bridge of her nose.

"I didn't know you had glasses?"

She blushed, "I try to keep them a secret, but my eyes are sore... so I took my contacts out. You can change in the bathroom if you-"

I already had my shirt over my shoulders and on the floor beside my feet, "I'm comfortable in front of you."

She blushed again, and walked the opposite direction towards the window, "It doesn't look like the Brooks are home."

I pulled my sweatpants up to my hips and walked over behind her. The driveway across the road was empty, but the garage light was on.

I raised my arm over her shoulder and propped it against the window frame. Emilie slowly turned to face me. Her eyes were still sad, but now they had a glisten to them. Her glasses made her look smart, classy, and sexy. I have never really paid so close attention to a girl, let alone one of my sisters friends.

Her cheeks turned bright red from me staring at her for so long. If I were here under different circumstances, I would have already made moves by now. But I have to remember what she has gone through in the past 24 hours.

A strand of her hair fell in her face, and I pushed it back behind her ear.

I was just about to walk away as she wrapped her fingers around the back of my neck.

"I could use a distraction." She pulled me closer to her, and tried to smile.

"I didn't come here to take advantage of you, I came here so you didn't have to be alone."

She touched her pointer finger to my lips to hush me, "I am a big girl, Liam. After the past two days I have had... I want you to distract me."

I was trying extremely hard to keep myself contained. Her fingers rubbed across my lips and her other hand intertwined her fingers around the base of my hair on the back of my neck.

I could tell she knew she had an effect on me, her eyes lit up each time her finger crossed my bottom lip.

Her hands moved to my chest and began to push me backwards, until the bend of my knees were against her mattress.

We stood perfectly still for almost a full minute before her hands slid around my back and up under my shirt. Her eyes never left mine.

This feeling was different. I have always been in control, and I have always been the one to leave the others speechless. Yet here I am, unable to form words, and barely even breathe.

She tugged my shirt up to my shoulder blades, I reached behind and pulled it over past my head and dropped it on the floor. She smiled, and ran her hand from my collarbone to the waistband of my sweatpants. I grabbed her hand before it went any further, "Emilie... I think you need some rest."

Her smile faded to concern, "Oh my god... I'm sorry, I must have misread.. this is embarrassing.. oh my-"

I pulled her up to my chest, "No, that's not it at all. You haven't misread anything, I like you.. I want you, but you aren't in your right mind. You need some rest."

I bent and kissed her forehead, then her nose, then her cheek...and I hovered my mouth right above hers. Her breath tickled the hairs of my growing beard. I wanted to kiss her so bad, but I could never take advantage of her like that. But she didn't seem to see it that way, before I could pull away, her lips hit mine hard.

She grabbed my hair from behind my neck and pulled me into her. Her lips danced with mine, and she ran her other hand across my chest. I could feel my blood rushing and pumping, I had to stop now.

I push her off of me and walk towards the door, "We can't."

She held her fingers to her mouth, speechless.

"I can sleep on the couch downstairs."

She reached out and grabbed my hand, "No.. please stay in here with me. We don't have to do anything but sleep, I just need you here."

I didn't know if I could lay beside her all night and just sleep. My heart was racing and my hands were forming pools of sweat in the palms.

She sat on the edge of the bed and pulled the covers to the side, "Please, it is just a one time thing. My mom should be back home tomorrow..."

I sighed and sat down beside her. She wrapped her fingers with mine, "Just a one time thing.."

She nodded.

We turned the lights off and laid down. It was just now approaching six o'clock. She flipped through Netflix looking for a movie. Halfway through the rom-com, there was frantic knocking on the front door. Emilie tensed up.

"You expecting anyone?"

She shook her head no. I made my way to the front door, and opened it.

Surprise... surprise.

"Well you were not who I expected," Jackson Brooks looked me up and down, "And definitely not looking like that."

I remembered that I am only halfway clothed at this point, "What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Emilie."

"Why?"

"Who is it?" Emilie was standing at her doorframe. Her oversized tshirt hung just far enough that gave the illusion of nothing else under it.

Jackson leaned into the house and looked up at Emilie. A flash of jealousy came across his face, and I didn't care to correct the situation.

Emilie walked over and stood behind me with her arm around my waist, "What are you doing her, Jack?"

He looked down at the ground not making eye contact, "I heard about your dads plane, I wanted to come check on you."

We both looked over at his empty driveway, and he noticed what we were wondering.

"It's just me and Justin right now. Mom and Dad are back in North Carolina."

We all three stood awkwardly in the front entrance way. Jackson tapped his heel a few times waiting for us to talk, but we didn't.

"I was worried you were here alone, I knew your mom went to the airport... but I see you have company."

Emilie let go of my waist, "Thank you for checking on me, but I'm okay."

Jackson nodded and stared me down, after a few seconds.. he started to walk away, but stopped.

"Just in case y'all are looking for Sarah, she's at my house."