1•8 - The Last Supper

8 - The Last Supper

"Chase, you have to eat." Kuya Sullivan has been begging for me to eat anything on the table for half an hour now.

The wall behind the bed of the previous room opened like a door again. We left Maria there as we moved to this room.

This room is just as big as the previous room with only a dining table at the center.

Only six chairs are placed around the table as if they're so fucking sure that one of us will die in the previous room. Or whoever controls this game wanted only six of us to continue playing.

"Chase, you didn't even have breakfast yesterday." Kuya Blade tried to make me eat, too.

There are a lot of different dishes on the table and sure everything looked and smelled good. But nothing made me move and take a bite. I don't want to eat.

I don't even want to live.

I'm not sure if I'm still alive, or I'm just breathing for the sake of it. What happened in the previous room killed my soul. Wherever Kuya Charles is right now, he took every part of me with him.

"Chase..." Kuya Sullivan stopped eating and faced me. "I'm sorry."

I looked at him with a blank face. Then I looked at the knife on his plate. He looked at it too.

"Kill me with that, Kuya Sol."

Everybody stopped moving. I can feel all eyes on me.

"Chase..."

"I don't want to play anymore," I said with no hint of any emotion.

"Chase, he might hear you," Kuya Seth whispered.

"Who?" I asked as I looked at him.

"The man."

Ah, the man talking to us through those speakers. So what?

"Then good. He could be the one to kill me instead."

"Chase." Kuya Dean sounded serious. It's like he's back to his normal self. "If you're going to be killed again, we will do the same thing that Charles did."

I thought I'm already numb from all the pain but his words made me tear up again.

"Give up with those thoughts, Chase," Kuya Dean added. "You're not dying here."

None of the other guys spoke but Kuya Dean's words were already enough. Somehow, I felt okay. I wanted to fight.

Maybe this is the reason why Kuya wanted me to stay with him. Though, I still can't figure out why he chose Kuya Dean when I also have Kuya Sullivan and Kuya Blade left with me here.

Kuya Chem, the one seated on my left, sighed. He held the utensils in front of me and sliced the meat on my plate without saying anything. He was about to lift a spoonful of food when I raised my hand to stop him.

"Please, eat," he whispered. Or is it just that the loudest troll could only whisper right now? He looked so tired of everything.

They all looked so tired of everything.

I nodded and took the spoon from his hand.

I haven't even swallowed anything yet when the sirens blared again. I'm already getting used to it that I just reached for a glass of water and casually drank from it while waiting for the loud noise to stop.