𝖎.𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖗

SIX MONTHS HAD PASSED since the 67th Games

SIX MONTHS HAD PASSED since the 67th Games. Enough time for people to mostly forget, to move past the horrors. But the Capitol wouldn't let them have peace nor forget, hence the annual victory tour.

A loud rapping knock sounded on the Cleary's front door. "Haven, your prep team is here." Cecile called from downstairs, inviting the group inside. Haven groaned, knowing she was about to be plucked and prodded at for hours, before walking down the staircase.

"Hello darling!" Waverly drawled, kissing Haven on each cheek. "We missed you." Luciana said, giving her a hug. "Very much. Let's get started." Vincent added, motioning the girl back upstairs.

The prep team set up their supplies in Haven's room, creating a mini version of the remake center. They began by waxing every place they possibly could, Haven silently cursing out her prep team pain each time they ripped off a strip of the hot wax. The team rubbed her body with different creams and lotions, dissipating the redness and leaving a lingering floral smell. Vincent filed her nails and cuticles, before applying a light pink nail polish.

Her hair was loosely curled, and put in a half up half down style, finished with a healthy dose of hairspray. The prep team then turned their attention to her makeup, applying a light layer of foundation, nude eyeshadow, and blush brushed across her cheeks. Waverly put the finishing touches with a few swipes of mascara and a coat of lip gloss.

Just as she finished, the door opened and Theta entered the room. "Theta! I didn't know you were coming." Haven said giddily, springing up from her chair to give her stylist a hug. "Careful with your nails!" Vincent scolded as he left the room with Waverly and Luciana.

"You really didn't think I would let you do this alone." Theta said with a wink. She unzipped the garment bag, holding up a pastel pink dress that Haven slipped into. She put on a pair of tan sandals, and Theta fastened a red necklace around her neck.

"Okay, you're perfect. Just in time too." Theta said, checking the time on her watch. She led Haven down the stairs, where Pandora was now waiting for her, dressed in a ridiculous puffy blue dress, her wig a matching hue as well.

"Oh, you look marvelous sweetie." Pandora cooed. "Alright, remember there's going to be lots of cameras, make sure you've got a big big smile on!" The escort continued, reaching for the door handle. "We're on in three, two, one."

Haven stepped out of her front door, the flashes of the cameras momentarily blinding her. She smiled like Pandora told her to as she walked down the steps. Suddenly, Caesar Flickerman's voice boomed through the speakers.

"Hello. Can you hear me Haven?" He questioned. "Yes, Caesar, I can hear you." The blonde chuckled, giving a small wave to the camera. "Wonderful, this is so exciting! Tell me, how has life as a victor been?"

"It's great. My whole family moved into our new house in the Victor's Village, and President Snow has been so generous to us." He's also been generous with the trauma she thought to herself. "Plus, it's been amazing knowing that food is being provided to everyone in the District."

"Well, it sounds like things are going well. We'll be checking in with you throughout your Victory Tour!" Caesar boomed, before the cameras clicked off.

Haven turned around, her mentors all standing there waiting. "Great job princess. You're a natural." Collin remarked, pretending to flip his hair, the blonde girl letting out a laugh. "We're starting here in District 4 before we get on the train to 12."

Haven's heart sunk in her chest. She didn't know how she would stand in front of Spencer's family after he'd died for her. The girl didn't have much time to dwell on it, as Pandora almost immediately whisked her into the car.

The Cleary girl found herself standing behind the doors of the District 4 justice building. "You got this. Just speak from the heart, it doesn't have to be very long, okay?" Mallory said, patting her comfortingly on the back.

Haven took a deep breath, before the Peacekeepers opened the door, revealing the crowds of District 4 citizens standing in the town square. She walked up to the microphone, before looking straight out at the platform Spencer's family stood on.

His mom stood, her arms wrapped around Spencer's little sister, Melanie. Haven's heart shattered at the sight, knowing they'd lost both a son and a brother.

Haven cleared her through, glancing down at the cards Pandora had written her. "Good afternoon. My name's Haven Cleary, Victor of the 67th annual Hunger Games. I would like to express how sorry I am about Spencer, and offer his family my condolences. Spencer was so brave, and his sacrifice to the Capitol is noted." The Cleary girl felt so artificial, reading the meaningless words Pandora had written for her.

She took the cards, and ripped them in half before dropping them to the ground. Haven swore she heard Pandora gasp from inside the building.

"I am truly, deeply, sorry about Spencer's death. We might not have been allies, but we were friends. Spencer brought to the Capitol that token District 4 compassion. He was truly special and brave, and I was lucky to be his friend. I'll never be able to repay him for sacrificing himself for me." Tears welled in her eyes. "I'll forever be thankful for him. Before he died, he told me to tell you both that he loved you. I'm so sorry he couldn't tell you himself." Haven barely got the last words out before walking back into the justice building.

As soon as the doors shut, she began hyperventilating, tears flowing down her face. Finnick wrapped his arms around her, allowing her to sob into his chest.

"Shhh. It's okay. It's okay." He said, attempting to console her, stroking her hair.

"I- I can't do this again. Let alone 11 more times. I can't." She choked out between her sobs. "I know. It feels wrong and disgusting having to stand in front of their families. Facing the parents whose children you killed. It's not easy, but I promise you'll get through it okay?" Finnick continued, still embracing her.

"We'll be here every step of the way. We've got you kid." Sebastian said sympathetically, Haven continuing to cry into Finnick's chest, his shirt soaked with her tears.

// author's note
kicking off her victory tour! just a short chapter, i felt like updating :) i also didn't want to cram too much in so i just did the scenes in 4. hope y'all enjoyed this, please feel free to leave some comments/vote, i appreciate them sm🥺
- a <3

 hope y'all enjoyed this, please feel free to leave some comments/vote, i appreciate them sm🥺 - a <3