Chapter 10 - Hangover

Your groan was all that filled your room. Rolling your head under the duvet you try to remember last night only bolt out of bed and run to kitchen where everyone was.

"You didn't say anything right?!" The girls shake their head. "Thank god," you sigh in relief before walking back to your room. With your headache at its peak you climb back under the covers. There was a knock at the door which was most likely Bruce with the hangover pill he invented. "My saviour,"

"Still a prototype so it may have side effects," You nod and take the pill with some water, not minding the last time you took it. Last time the side effect was the hangover being worse but you took the chance. Bruce stood, waiting for your feedback.

"I feel fine, better actually-" Suddenly the lights got brighter making you yelp and cover your eyes. "Bright- lights!"

"Thought so," Bruce grumbles and gives you tinted sun glasses. Putting them on you sigh when the lights were less intense. "Give it an hour and check in," You salute as he closed the door and let you be. Taking a shower in the dark, which wasn't so bad considering your eye sight was enhanced for the time being, and putting on some casual clothing you stroll into the kitchen.

"Morning, losers," You smack Clint on the head.

"What the hell?!"

"I don't know, just felt like doing that," The archer frowns as you take a few pancakes along with a large cup of coffee. "Friday, whats the weather like today?"

"25 Degrees Celsius or 77 Degrees Fahrenheit,"

"Ah yes, perfect weather for mass murder," You say quietly as you sipped on your coffee.

"Uh..." You snicker at the concerned glances.

~~~

Walking down to the lab where Friday said Bruce and Tony were you open the door and toss the glasses to Bruce.

"I feel fine, but the lights were a pain in the ass," Banner nods and checks your vitals before noting them down in his research. "What are the science bro's up to today?"

"We're building up microscopic structures to form crystalline lattice that will expand in all directions!" Banner says excitedly. He turns back to you, who was looking as if he just explained String theory. "We're making Crystals,"

"You could have just said that, doofus," he sighs and prepares the solution. "Why though?"

"Bored," you hum and jump onto the counter next to Tony.

"So is it sugar crystals or Salt crystals?"

"Amethyst," you nod before doing a double take.

"Hold on what?"

"Yeah, we were going to go for clear quartz but Banner says Amethyst looks prettier," you chuckles and shake your head.

"Let's do this thing," The Doctor passes you and Tony goggles as he places on his own. "Commencing in 5... 4...-"

"Too long," Tony flicks the switch and watches the machine buzz as Bruce goes to scold him you laugh before turning into awe at the glowing machine.

"Cool!" The machine dings like an oven. Using gloves, Banner takes out the formed geode from the machine and places it on the counter next to you. Quickly jumping off you lean against Tony as you both watch for the results.

"Ready in 5...-"

"For god sake," you take a hammer from Bruce and smash open the geode into perfect halves. "I'm god,"

"I hate you both," you giggle and look at the perfectly formed crystals.

"Well, I think this deserves a drink,"

"Only juice because it's too early for alcohol, right, Stark?" You narrow your eyes at Tony.

"Yeah whatever," you kiss his cheek before walking off.

"See you losers later!" Taking a bow you slip out the lab.

~~~

"Miss Rogers!" You look into the living room and see Peter swing in.

"Hey, Pete," you give the boy a hug. "What's up?" He fiddles through his bag before handing back your photo album. "Thanks,"

"Oh, and one of the photos slipped out and I don't know where it goes," he hands you a photo booth strip of you kissing Bucky.

"T-thanks!" You stuff the photo in the back of the book and chuckle nervously.

"Did Mr Rogers know about you two?" Your face flushes a bright pink.

"N-no," Rubbing the back of your neck, you ask Peter. "Want more cookies?"

"Yeah!" You walk with him to the kitchen.

"You won't tell anyone right? Not even Tony,"

"Of course not! I'm the best at keeping secrets," letting out a a chuckle you hand him a cookie.

"I need you to promise me, because what happened back in the 40s stays there," you hold out your pinky finger.

"I promise," locking your fingers your both nod. "Does he remember? Mr Stark says he doesn't remember much,"

"That might be true..." you get Peter a glass of milk. "But it's best he doesn't remember what we... had,"

"What who had?" You drop the glass of milk only for Peter to catch it in time. Spinning to Tony you turn pink.

"N-nothing," giving a light chuckles you turn to Peter. "Right, Pete?"

"Y-yeah! Nothing at all," Tony hums and takes a cookie from the jar.

"Well, I'll be going to lab now..." he gives you a kiss on the cheek. Once he was in the elevator you both let out a sigh.

"Close one," Peter nods in agreement.

"Hey, Y/n?" You hum for him to continue. "Do you have anything else from the war?"

"Oh, yeah loads," you gesture for him to follow you. "You tell anyone about this safe you're a dead man," he lets out a frightened squeak with his nod. After closing the bedroom door you peel back the wallpaper and open the safe.

"Cool..." you smirk and take out Buckys Dog tag.

"Now this is very important,"

"I understand," he takes out his phone to take photos. "I just need photos,"

"Good," you smile and put it back once he was done. "Need anything else?"

"Not really," you nod and pat his head.

"Now go get another cookie and get back home before May gets worried,"

"Yes ma'am!" He salutes before zooming out the room. You laugh and close your bedroom door.

~~~

HA- hi

HA- hi

- Anna ❤️