𝟭𝟬. wuthering heights

CHANGE | CHAPTER TEN

    "𝐈 found out," Korra exclaimed as Lin turned back in alarm, finding the team and Suyin, now in her Zaofu attire, inside the airship

    "𝐈 found out," Korra exclaimed as Lin turned back in alarm, finding the team and Suyin, now in her Zaofu attire, inside the airship. "Why you're so against coming here? Why didn't you ever tell me you had a sister?"

    "Half-sister," Lin corrected.

     "Same mom, different dads, so what?" Suyin retorted. Then she put her hand over her heart like she was hurt. "We're blood, Lin, and after thirty years, the least you could do is say 'hello'."

     "I have nothing to say to you," Lin retorted, bitterness on the tip of her tongue.

    The group ventured back to Suyin's home. They ended up standing near a field with metal columns, where a metal disc ricochets between, with two familiar-looking players on each side. A grin appeared on the airbender's face when she noticed the identical twins whom she had met before when they were younger.

    "Those are my two youngest, Wei and Wing," Suyin said, smiling warmly. "They're playing a game called Power Disc. They invented it all on their own."

     They watched as Wing shot the disc to his twin, who redirected it, ricocheting it between multiple columns. Wei fired the disc back, ricocheting against a column as Wing leaped to intercept the disc, but failed to catch it, which slammed into a net.

     "Oh, nice power, Wei," Suyin praised, the defeated twin grumbling and pounding his hands on the ground.

     "Ha! Wing goes down!" Wei laughed. Then he noticed the familiar airbender standing next to his mother. His face lit up and he waved at them. "Oh, hey, Cloudy!"

    "What's up, Wei!" Cloud grinned, waving back at the guy, which earned a slight frown from the firebender beside her, but she didn't seem to notice it.

    "I'm so proud of those two." Suyin smiled as they walked away. The group headed to a gallery filled with metal sculptures, where a sculptor worked on one of the sculptures with his metalbending. It was a long-haired boy with the side of his hair shaved. "Huan, I'd like you to meet the Avatar and her friends. And your Aunt Lin."

    Korra smiled enthusiastically. "Nice to meet you."

    "Hey," Huan said nonchalantly without looking back at them, which made the Avatar confused but Cloud just snickered under her breath.

    "Wow, that's a really nice... banana?" Bolin tried to compliment him, but they only looked confused and unsure at his choice of words. Even Cloud was tempted to laugh but restrained herself. "Yes, very, very lifelike." 

    Huan sighed like he was disappointed and turned to Bolin, speaking with irritation laced in his tone, "It's not a banana! It was inspired by Harmonic Convergence; represents the dawning of a New Age. Obviously."