Chapter-13

Arinya's POV

It was a pleasant Sunday morning. I woke up with a constant beeping of my phone. I groaned and picked up the phone from the side table. I frowned when I saw that there are a lot of messages from some unknown number. I immediately opened the message window and what I saw next turned my world upside down. My breathing became shallow and I couldn't get myself to speak anything. My hands started trembling.
There was a specific text message too saying "Be mine, else you know the consequences."

My heart was pounding in my chest at a very rapid pace. I kept looking at my phone and I could only think of one person to call in this situation. I instantly dialled Elle's number. The phone kept ringing but she didn't pick up. It's too early for her to be up on a Sunday morning. I looked around my bedroom and I just felt suffocated. I grabbed my phone and ran into the living room. Just sitting on the couch and thinking about the messages was only gearing up my anxiety. I was certain if I keep thinking about this it'll only lead to a panic attack, but how can I not contemplate about this situation. I could've tried to distract myself with preparing breakfast but I lost my appetite the moment I saw those images and messages.

I've been getting messages like "Date me", "Let's hook up", "Wanna go out" recently from random unknown numbers but I thought someone's just pulling some sort of a pathetic prank on me. I just blocked those numbers and I never thought it's going to turn out like this. I am still recovering  from my past and now I've to deal with this as well.

My phone rang pulling me out of my thoughts. I instantly picked it up when I saw it was Elle.
"Hey Ari, you called?" She spoke in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah. Um Elle can you please come to my place." I spoke in a shaky voice.

"What happened, you okay?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"I...I can't tell you on phone call." I said. Talking to Elle in person will surely give me some strength to deal with this mess, atleast I hope so.

"Yeah sure, I'll be there in 15 minutes."
With that she hung up on me and I started pacing back and forth in my living room until my doorbell rang. I opened the door for her and without wasting a single second she blurted out worriedly.
"Now will you tell me what happened?"

"El.." Saying that I went in the living room to grab my phone.

"Hey what's happening? Don't keep me hanging now." She followed me in the living room. I picked up my phone and extended my trembling hand to give it to her. She looked at me with a confused frown on her face and then took the phone from my hand.

I slumped onto the couch and sat with my hands on my head. She gasped so loudly and that was an indication she saw those images.
"Fucking hell....but..uh how?"

Well I expected the exact reaction. There were so many candid pictures of me. When I saw the images I could recall the places they've been captured. Some were from my grocery runs, some clicks of me when I went out with the group in lunch time, a few of me stepping inside the office on different days. But that wasn't all, the ones that left me all shaken up were the pictures of me stripping from my office cloths and changing into my nightwear and these were the shots from my own bedroom.

Also, you just cannot miss the scars on my back and some light marks over my belly curves and thighs could be seen prominently in those images. Though the images didn't show my face clearly and I wasn't completely naked in those but the fear that crept inside me knowing I am the one who's in those images was horrendous. I was terrified to even think that someone was spying on me all this while. 
Only Elle knows everything about my past but she too wasn't aware of the scars on my body as I never brought it up.
"Oh Ari." She spoke in a very sympathetic yet pained voice.