Arc 1: Chapter 4

Elenor left the place with Alec and returned back to her room. She flopped down to the couch and heaved out a sigh. A towel then came into view.

"Here milady."

"Ah alright, thanks." Elenor nodded, taking it from Alec, gently wiping the sweat away from her face.

"Can you prepare the bath for me?" Elenor asked, looking up at him from above.

"...Certainly." he bowed and left the room.

Elenor relaxed into the soft couch, sleepiness slowly getting to her now that all the adrenaline from horse riding had left her system. Resting her head on the couch on the arm rest, her eyelids grew heavier.

'A small five minute nap will be alright..'

-

Alec checked the water temperature and once it was the temperature Elenor always favoured, he left the bathroom to inform her that the bath was now ready for her. Knocking on the door, he walked in.

"Milady your bath is ready-" his sentence falls short once he sees Elenor asleep on the couch.

He walked over to the sleeping figure and bent down now at the same eye level as her. He noticed her shoes were dirty and removed them from her feet. He stared at the shoes, making sure to remember to wash these later.

He tidied the room a bit before going back to where Elenor was.

"Milady." he called out multiple times but she didn't budge one bit.

He sighed before shaking her slightly, "Milady please wake up." he tried again.

This time, Elenor moved a bit before mumbling, "Five more minutes..."

"Milady please wake up. I have prepared the bath for you."

Elenor slowly sat up, her eyes still closed. Alec watched every movement of hers in silence. She rubbed her eyes before opening them sleepily.

"Alec? What time is it?"

"Almost time for dinner milady. I have prepared the bath for you."

"Ah is that so? Thank you." Elenor sleepily spoke before getting up.

She then headed to the bath, her feet moving clumsily. The doors closed behind her as she left. Alec kept his gaze on the door, where she had gone through.

"Strange." he mumbled but he had a small smile on his face.

His milady suddenly looked interesting. As if she was another person. Alec's smile grew wider, wondering what else will she do.

Elenor came back into the room after a nice long bath. As usual, Alec dried her hair before she got dressed and headed for dinner. After dinner, she didn't feel like going back to her room just yet.

She headed to the library which she had stumbled upon after losing her way to the horse stable, Alec following behind her as usual.

Brushing her finger along the rim of the books, she took one book out that caught her attention. Reading the back of the book, it was a fairytale book. She didn't know any fairytales from this world so it piqued her interest. Sitting down at the reading desk, Elenor turned the reading lamp on and began reading the book. Alec had left only to return with some calming tea for her while she read.

After he poured the tea for her, Elenor paused her reading and gazed up at him.

"Alec, you don't need to stay with me until I go back to my room. You can get off work now."