𝟭𝟭. rhapsodies

CHANGE | CHAPTER ELEVEN

     𝐅or some reason, Cloud made Mako stop for a second and they watched the metal panels surrounding them close at night

     𝐅or some reason, Cloud made Mako stop for a second and they watched the metal panels surrounding them close at night. After that, once Mako made sure Cloud was satisfied with everything, the two young benders made their way to the dining area. It was always a thrilling feeling when she saw something that she couldn't do even though she'd already seen it a couple of times before. Zaofu never failed to amaze her, and the architecture was just perfect. (Except for the fact that Cloud has extreme claustrophobia and she wasn't very keen on the petal thing surrounding the cities).

    "Tonight, for your dining pleasure, I present a seared wild Kyoshi elephant koi, paired with a ginger-infused pea tendril and hibiscus root salad."

    While the others had all those things that the chef listed out on their plates, Cloud only had the hibiscus root salad and ginger-infused pea tendril with a special green apple smoothie on the side. The Air Nomads were avid vegetarians. She was a bit busy staring at the gorgeous plate of food in front of her that she didn't even notice Bataar and Bataar Jr. walked past outside the dinner area.

     "Look, Wei." Wing, who sat next to her nudged his twin brother, snickering, "Cloudy had fallen in love with her food."

    Wei furrowed his eyebrows at his brother and followed his gaze to see that the airbender was indeed gazing lovingly at her plate of food. He snickered under his breath, but didn't comment on it when Cloud shot them a glare. The twin brothers sunk in on their seats with sheepish smiles on their faces. It didn't take long for them to start eating, and Cloud was more than happy to dig in on the delicious food.

    "How's your search for the new airbenders going?" Suyin asked, sitting between her older sister, Lin and Korra.

    "Honestly, not great," Korra sighed. "We had to rescue a whole group of them from the Earth Queen." 

    Suyin looked annoyed at the mention of the pompous queen. "Oh, she's horrible. She thinks she can just do whatever she wants."

     "Right? She's so... ugh," Cloud quipped, making a disgusted face to show her big disdain towards the woman who called herself the Earth Queen.

    Mako felt the corner of his lips quirked a little. Shaking his head, he furrowed his brows when her eyes landed on him. Then he mouthed, You have smoothie on your cheek. The girl's eyes widened and immediately tried to remove the mess on her face. Mako only smiled to himself before taking another bite of his food.

     Lin and Suyin began arguing once more. They sure do find ways to worsen their relationship, and Cloud was getting a bit scared of it from the fact that the two were excellent earth and metal benders. Their mother was Toph Beifong for Pete's sake. Of course, they would be strong. They might be a little dysfunctional, but family is always family. I'm sure they'd be fine. Cloud hoped.